¹⁷

Screams
Unedited!

 Elijah and Adelaide sat on the bench that stood beside his grand window, overlooking the magnificent fields of the castle

"What do you want to know?" Elijah asked as he rested his hands on his lap. He looked over at Adelaide who was playing with her bracelets, looking uncomfortable.

He sighed and held her hand. "There's no need to feel frightened my dear." Adelaide smiled at his comforting words. Elijah looked away with a smile of his own, "Besides, we all know Niklaus would maim us alive if we ever hurt you."

Adelaide chuckled at his remark and then went silent. "How did your family become of this? Why is Klaus so determined to end everything in his way? What is he looking for?" Adelaide asked without hesitation now, her heart beating as she desperately tried to ask all the questions that would answer her questions she's been asking since she met the family.

Elijah let go over her hand and stood up. Adelaide standing up too, preparing for any sort of attack or anything, her guard up. Instead, Elijah picked up a book of maps, He turned and noticed Adelaide's stance.

"You couldn't bring me down if you had the chance," He chuckled as he placed the book down on the table next to him.

"You'd be surprised," Adelaide mumbled, but Elijah heard her, and she knew that.

Adelaide looked at her hands and then to the books that sat beside Elijah. "So how did you and your family become the way you are?"

Elijah sighed and opened up his book and pointed to the "new world". "My siblings and I grew up there, we later turned into what we are there as well."

"You grew up in the colonies?" Adelaide asked with widened eyes.

Elijah scoffed, "I wouldn't call it colonies, it's already a home to natives. The claims on that land is preposterous." Elijah sighed and looks back at the book. "Everything was fine until the death of my littlest brother, he was our light but was sadly taken by a fellow wolf under the light of the full moon."

Adelaide places her hand above Elijah's as he made himself vulnerable. Elijah looks over to her and gives her his warmest smile.

"Our father, along with the rest of the family, was devastated. He blamed Niklaus, which gave him more of a reason to abuse him. He was already not fond of him, says he wasn't a true warrior."

Adelaide looked at Elijah with a sad look. Having experienced the same thing her whole life, she knew of the disasters of having a family member loath you. The years of trauma and paranoia, the years of loneliness, the years of thinking you are nothing.