¹²

Regrets
Unedited!

Mary stood with her lady's at the harvest festival listening to an old man explain the tradition of the boats and lake

"...And then you write your regrets on this ribbon, tie them to the stern and watch as they sail away," The old man said as he showed Mary a little wooden boat with a blue ribbon attached to it.

Mary smiled at the old man, "What a lovely tradition." Her lady's agreed, all of them started to inspecting all the little boats.

"Mary?" Bash called out behind Mary and her lady's, "have you seen my sister?"

Mary turned back to Bash and smiled, "no actually I have not seen Adelaide." Mary has also been wondering where the girl was. Adelaide killed someone to save her life, she owed her.

Bash nodded but then smiled and said, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were actually enjoying your time in court. Enjoying the harvest festival." Bash looked at Mary's lady's and nodded towards them. "Kenna. Aylee. Greer. Lola." He greeted them.

"As a matter of fact, I am," Mary smiled.

"So what's brought about this change? Not that I'm complaining," Bash smiled down at Mary, "To see you smile is to feel the sun, Your Grace."

Adelaide and Klaus came into the barn. Her eyes scanned around the crowd, looking for her brothers. She then saw her twin brothers unmistakable messy hair, but then she saw him smiling down at Mary like a fool.

"Idiot," Adelaide snarled.

Klaus looked down at Adelaide, "What is it love?"

Adelaide looked up at Klaus with her eyes narrowed, "my brother is being stupid again."

"Do you flirt with everyone?" Mary asked asked bash shaking her head.

"Absolutely everyone," Bash said.

"Well, you'll find I'm not difficult to please," Mary said as a matter of fact, "Just don't make an attempt on my life and you'll find I'm quite gay."

"Mm, is that all it takes?"Bash said taking a drink from his cup.

"That, and your brother," Mary smiled.

"Well," Bash breathed in heavily, "I hope to get sauced at your wedding," bash raised his cup and walked away.

Klaus started chuckling. Adelaide looked at him, "you can hear them right? Vampire hearing, what did they say? Tell me!" Adelaide kept urging him and all Klaus did was laugh at her.