¹⁶

Sacrifice pt.2
Unedited!

Adelaide's green eyes held many emotions at once

Adelaide's green eyes held many emotions at once. Anger, sadness, determination, almost any emotion you can think of. But one emotion over took them all, and that was hunger for power. After her first transition to her wolf form she has been getting a strange thirst for power, and she hasn't done anything about it. The thirst just got stronger and stronger each passing day. There was no stopping it, and it scared her.

Bash and Adelaide, along with Samson(the thief he took from the jail), road off into the woods on horseback. The three remaining silent in their journey. The twins not wanting to upset the man with their plans for him and the thief silent because of their higher status.

"If you don't mind me asking, my Lord, where are we going?" The thief asked Bash who gave him a dirty look in response.

"I told you. You're being conscripted for a military mission," Bash lied smoothly as they continued their way into the woods. The thief looked over at Adelaide who looked lost in thought.

"Where will we meet these other soldiers? I've fought for the King before," The thief said almost proudly, "Usually we gathered up in the Bailey."

Bash looked at the thief for a second then looked forward as their made there way into the blood woods. "This way."

Samson swallowed hard as he looked into the woods. "The Blood Wood? Is that where we're going?"

Adelaide looked at the thief and rolled her eyes. "Would you rather go to jail?" She spoke for the first time.

Samson looked at her and then go the woods. "I might," he mumbled. Then he seemed to realize what was going on as he stopped his horse and looked at the bastard twins. "What do you want from me? What's going on? We're not going to meet up with other soldiers, are we?"

Bash took out a crossbow and pointed it at Samson, "Keep moving. Stop talking. We're almost there."

Samsons eyes widened as he turned the reins of his horse. "Come on," He said shakily to his horse.

As they finally entered deep enough into the blood woods, Bash and Adelaide stopped their horses as they looked at the empty space. Bash still had his crossbow pointed at Samson as he gets off his horse and summons him to do as well. Adelaide jumped off and pulled on her riding suit cape as she walked over to a tree and tossed a rope up on a tree.

She suddenly felt a rush of hunger fill her and she turned back to the depths of the woods. She stared into the darkness until the thief broke her trance.