¹⁴

Pagan
unedited!

"It's a talent really

"It's a talent really. No matter what the topic, he can wind it back to pepper," Greer joked. She has been talking to a very rich lord and she has had to deal with his obsession over pepper. The girls laugh at Greer's rambling.

Everyone was seated in comfortable cushions in the reading room. Many women where in the room, including the queen. Rebekah was also in the room with wine in her hands and a bored expression. She was sent by her brothers to hear any gossip the women may spread. She was against it but when her bastard brother threatened her with a dagger, she just had to.

"Sorry, sorry, go on," Greer apologized to Aylee who was reading a book for the girls.

"Et vacet annalis," Aylee begins to read but was later cut off by Greer again.

"I bring up politics, 'Pepper transactions are a political minefield." Greer joked to the girls who laughed at her rambling once again. "History? 'The peppercorn has a storied past."

"I doubt he'd wind Virgil back to pepper," Aylee sassed as she put her book down.

"Oh, stop. We know what happens. He wanders around Troy for another 100 stanzas," Greer rolled her eyes which resulted in a glare from Aylee.

"Shh, it's Olivia," Lola said lowly.

All the women stopped what they where doing to see the girl walk in. Rebekah smirked as she saw the girl walk in, she knew of her goal.

The Queen got up and walked over to Mary.
"You and I find ourselves strangely aligned for once," The queen said. She hated Olivia, since they where children. She hated her more than Arabella herself and that says a lot.

Mary got up and walked towards Olivia, gaining the attention of everyone and earning murmurs from the women.

"Hello, Olivia," Mary said cautiously, afraid to scare the girl even more. "I'm Mary," She introduced herself.

"I'm honored," Olvia bowed to Mary. Seeming nervous. She was nervous her enemy was right under her nose.

"Oh, it's all right," Mary said grabbing Olivia hand. "Come, sit with me and my friends. I'm afraid there's not going to be much Virgil," Mary joked with Olivia bringing her the the group. They where all dead silent, all too judgmental of the girl to say a word.

"Everybody's too excited about the Harvest Festival. And the beginning of the Blood Month," Mary started the conversation. Not really making any progress. "They've been slaughtering in the kitchens all week. Out with the old, in with the new," she joked hoping to get a laugh from the girls. But she got a little smile from Olivia which was enough for her.