³

The passageways
Unedited!

Mary creeped closer to the noise that seemed to be coming from behind her divider

Mary creeped closer to the noise that seemed to be coming from behind her divider. She goes closer and leans her hand on the divider to hear closer. Without warning a hand appears on Mary's.

"Taste of love and sorrow, but don't drink the wine. Don't," a raspy low voice said to Mary.

Mary put her hand back on the strangers, "who are you."

The hand backed away and was suddenly gone.

Mary gasped and slowly went behind her divider. She was only disappointed to find nothing. She expected everything around her until she saw finger marks on the wall. Or what was thought to be a wall.

Mary placed her fingers right in the fingerprints and pushed on the wall to reveal it to be a door. She stood amazed at the passage before her. She saw a dancing light deep in the cave and heard what seemed to be heels.

"You're going to be late to the wedding."

Mary jumped and turned around to see Adelaide in her room with her black and blue dress going down to floor and her flawless hair down. "And not the kind of late that would be considered fashionably."

"Sorry," she said still staring at the beautiful brunette, "I was distracted."

"Yes of course," addy said and pushed herself off the wall, "well are you going?"

"Yes," Mary said ducking her head down and walked towards the ceremony.

As she left the room completely Adelaide quickly ran towards the disguised door. She opened it and walked inside.

"Hello," she called out.

"What is it you need Adelaide," the raspy low voice said.

"I need to know that you know what you're doing," Adelaide said sternly.

"Yes I do, no need to worry."

"Just keeping you and the queen safe," Adelaide said crossing her arms.

"Of course," the voice said, "Adelaide I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"You need to make sure people don't know the true meaning behind the ink in your body, the darkness is coming close and you need to keep the information to a minimum until then."