After Hours

I drove home, driving past where the accident was, they had it mostly cleaned up, just some glass and scraps of metal on the side of the road. It was a terrible accident, it was a miracle that Dallon even survived in the first place. He could have easily died, just like the other driver. Both of the cars in the accident were completely totaled, so Dallon would be out of a car when he woke up. 

I drove home after seeing the scene of the accident, happy to have some time to myself and relax. I changed out of my scrubs, they aren't the most comfortable thing to wear. I sat down on my couch and turned on Netflix. I began to watch Stranger Things, it was a great show. I had just barely started watching the show when my phone buzzed on the couch beside me. I picked it up and saw I had a text message from my friend, Pete Wentz. 

Pete: Can I come over?

I just ignored it, I just wanted to relax. Maybe he would think I was still working or something. 

Pete: I know your hours, you aren't working

Pete: I also know that you have no life, so you aren't busy either

Pete: Don't ignore me

I had my own personal stalker in Pete, I swear he knew more about my own life than I did. I put my phone on silent so that it would stop buzzing and interrupting me from my show. Pete could learn to deal with it. Little did I know, Pete had begun to make his way to my house, with ALL of our friends. I was completely oblivious to Pete's plans until my front door suddenly swung open. 

"I KNEW YOU WERE IGNORING ME!" Pete shouted obnoxiously when he walked in. "You are literally doing nothing! YOUR PHONE IS RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU! I AM HURT!"

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry I didn't want to hang out today, Pete, we actually had stuff going on at the hospital today."

"Well, maybe if you wouldn't have ignored me and said something, I-"

"You would've come over here anyway," I interrupted. 

"No!" Pete started to argue. "I would've- Actually, yeah, you're probably right. I don't actually care, I would still come over. But still! Now you HAVE to deal with me because I'm here." 

Pete walked into the room and plopped down next to me on the couch, leading the rest of the brigade of friends with him. He had brought Patrick Stump, Tyler Joseph, Josh Dun, Gerard Way and Frank Iero. The whole gang, all stuffed inside my house, in my tiny living room. How fun. They all tried to cram themselves onto my couch, leaving me crushed in the middle between Pete and Josh. 

All of the sudden, Gerard grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. 

"Hey! I was watching that!" I exclaimed. "You guys can't just come into my house, crush me by all sitting on my couch, AND control my TV!"

"I brought them all with me so you could tell us about the accident," Pete explained.

"How do you even know if I know anything about it," I said, even though we all knew I knew all about it.

"Because you literally work in the hospital and you were working when it happened. I don't think anyone who was working there at the time wouldn't know anything about it. You are constantly complaining about nothing happening, so I don't think you would just stand at the side when something happened," Tyler countered, he had me there. 

I sighed, "What makes you think I should tell you?"

"We're your friends and you love us?" Patrick reasoned innocently. I hesitated and raised my eyebrow. "Please?"

"Fine," I sighed. "What do you guys know?"

"That two cars crashed together this morning," Josh said simply.

"Well, I figured you guys knew that much," I replied, beginning to tell them the details of the accident and Dallon's condition. They all seemed pretty interested even though the event itself wasn't that interesting. Like I've said, nothing happens in this town. 

"I'm hoping his girlfriend came into the hospital, it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who knew him, we don't know too much about him," I said after I retold all the events, thankfully without any random interruptions from any of the guys. 

"I wonder what he was doing, driving around at that time, who does that?" Pete wondered out loud. 

"I don't know," whispered Patrick. 

"I hope he wakes up, I kinda want to learn about him," I said. 

"Is he attractive?" Gerard asked.

"I don't know, his face was all messed up from the accident remember? All beaten and bruised up," I replied. 

"Oh yeah," He said quietly, looking down. 

"You have to tell us if anything happens to him! This is the most interesting thing to happen in this town!" Tyler exclaimed. 

"Okay, okay, I promise, I will," I replied, I was the only one who worked at the hospital, so they depended on me for their information. We all had stayed friends throughout school and were lucky enough to still be friends long afterward. It probably helped that we all continued living in the same town. 

"Why do we all still live in this place?" Josh questioned.

"I actually have no idea, maybe because all other friends do and we don't want to leave each other?" Frank replied. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to leave you guys, we've been friends for way too long," Patrick added. 

Of course, we all wouldn't all be separated from each other. I was the only single one left in the group, everyone else dating each other. We have Pete and Patrick, Gerard and Frank, then Tyler and Josh. I still hadn't been able to find someone for me, no one quite good enough. Seeing them all happily together made me feel a little bit lonely. Hopefully, I would find someone someday soon. I was 30 for crying out loud. 

The guys stayed at my house for the rest of the night, squished together on MY couch, eating all MY food, and watching MY Netflix. Although I couldn't be too upset, I enjoyed seeing them all. We all had busy lives, so that made it hard to see each other nowadays. I loved my best friends, even though they could be annoying. 

A.N.

I forgot to do this for the first part, but here's the second part! I am so excited for you guys to read this one, it's definitely my best one and my favorite! Hope you guys are enjoying it!