Away

I had just gotten home from work, and Dallon was standing by the door, waiting for me nervously. I looked at him curiously, wondering why he was nervous. 

"What is it, Dal-Pal?" I asked cheerily. 

"Can I, uh, borrow your car tomorrow night?" He asked awkwardly, we had slowly worked and had gotten Dallon used to being in a car and driving again. 

"Of course, as long as it doesn't end up like your last car," I joked. "What do you need it for?" 

"I have a date with Breezy," he answered, my smile dropped. "Which brings me to my next question, could we go shop for clothes for me? I will pay you back as soon as I get money." 

Dallon was still wearing my clothes, he looked adorable in the awkward fitting clothes. I started giggling, "Why? You look great in those!"

"I'm sure," he chuckled. 

"Yeah, it's no problem, Dal, you don't have to pay me back," I replied.

"Are you sure? I feel like I am taking advantage of you, living in your house for free, you buying me stuff," Dallon said. 

"I'm sure, Dallon," I smiled. "Do you want to go now?"

"Yeah, we can," he answered. 

"I'm going to change out of my scrubs, you can go ahead and head to the car if you want," I suggested. 

"I think I'll wait here for you," he mumbled as I headed to my room. I quickly changed and ran back to Dallon's side. 

"Ready to go?" I asked, looking up at him.

"To go out in public in your small clothes? No. Ready to get clothes that actually fit? Yes," Dallon replied, causing me to giggle. 

"LET'S GOOOOOO!" I shouted, walking out the door and driving out of town with Dallon. We didn't have any clothing stores in our tiny-ass town, so we had to drive to the next one that did. 

Dallon picked out a few outfits to wear at home and an outfit for his date, I told him he could have gotten more clothes than the few he got, but he 'didn't want me to spend all my money on him'. I didn't mind helping him out, he was my best friend. Our drive home was mostly spent listening to the radio play quietly, both of us singing along to the ones we knew. Dallon had an amazing singing voice, it made my heart melt. 

"What time are you going out tomorrow night?" I asked randomly.

"Around 7, we're going out to dinner, then we'll go see a movie," Dallon answered. 

"Do you need money?" I asked. "For dinner and the tickets?"

"No, Brendon, stop offering me your money, Breezy's got it," Dallon informed. 

"I can do whatever I want with my money, it's mine, you can't tell me what to do with it!" I sassed. 

"Then spend it on you, not me," Dallon laughed, we arrived at the house and he stepped out of the car. 

"I would buy you anything and everything you wanted if you let me," I mumbled to myself before stepping out of the car and walking inside the house. 

. . .

Dallon was getting ready for his date with Breezy, asking my opinion on different things as he did so. 

"How do I look?" he asked when he was all dressed up and ready to go, he looked so amazing. 

"Beautiful," I quietly mumbled to myself, and that he was. 

"What was that?" Dallon questioned, smirking at me. I

"I said you looked good," I rushed out, blushing bright red. 

"No, you didn't, you said I was beautiful, didn't you?" Dallon teased. 

"No, I didn't," I replied, blushing harder. 

"Then why is your face so red?" Dallon responded. 

"It's hot in here?" I lied, it was perfectly fine in here. 

"Don't lie to me, Brendon, admit you said I was beautiful," Dallon demanded. 

"Shut up, Dallon, go on your stupid date already," I retaliated. 

"Nope, not until you admit it," Dallon sang. 

"Fine, whatever, I said you were beautiful, now can we forget about it?" I whined. 

"This will certainly not be forgotten," Dallon laughed. "Well, Bren, your beautiful man is leaving, I will see you later." 

"Ugh, just go," I sighed, putting my face into my hands. I texted Pete, telling him to call me and received a phone call within seconds. 

"What is it, B?" Pete said as soon as I answered. 

"Damn, you are fast, Pete, I literally just texted you like 2 seconds ago," I replied. 

"WHY DID YOU NEED ME TO CALL YOU?" Pete shouted. 

"Dallon just left for his date," I answered. 

"WHAT?! With Breezy? When did he decide to get back with her?" He questioned. 

"Not too long ago, he said he didn't want to be alone forever and he knew that if he got back with her then he wouldn't be. I feel a little upset about it, not to mention I totally embarrassed myself in front of Dallon before he left," I groaned. 

"I'm coming over, B, I'll see you in a couple minutes," Pete said, hanging up before I could even answer, he probably didn't want to give me a chance to tell him not to. 

After awhile, Pete still hadn't shown up yet, and I was starting to get worried until Pete and Patrick came bursting in the door, a pizza box in Pete's hands. 

"Sorry, I'm late, I had to pick up Patrick and I's pizza on the way here, and we figured you would want some too," Pete apologized, setting the pizza down and hugging me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just unfair, she gets him and she cheated on him. She didn't even come visit him in the hospital when he was in the coma!" I exclaimed. "You spent more time with him there than she did!" 

"It's okay, B," he whispered. "Do you want to eat some pizza to cheer you up?" 

"Yes, please," I responded. We all sat down on the couch, quietly eating the pizza together. 

"How did you embarrass yourself earlier?" Patrick asked. 

"Dallon asked me how he looked and I accidentally said 'beautiful' and he heard me, then started teasing me until I admitted to saying it," I answered. 

"Oh," he replied. "I'm sorry, Brendon." 

"Yeah, I'm an idiot," I said. 

"Hey, he wasn't weirded out by it though, so that's good," Pete encouraged. 

"But it still happened," I groaned. "He's going to tease me about it forever, he even called himself my beautiful man before leaving." 

"Well... Good luck with that," Pete said, unhelpfully. 

I was going to die, or cry, maybe both.