Attraction

I enjoyed having Dallon here with me, we just talked and watched Netflix. We had become really comfortable with each other while he stayed at the hospital and so it wasn't really weird to just sit with each other in silence. 

"Hey, Dallon, how good of a cook are you? I can't cook worth a shit," I said as it neared dinner time. 

"Sorry, to break it to you, Bren, I can't cook either," Dallon laughed. 

"Looks like we'll have to order a pizza," I replied, the only food place in town that delivered was the pizza place. 

"Fine by me," Dallon agreed and I called in the pizza. 

"How are you and Breezy?" I asked slowly after hanging up the phone. 

"Okay, I guess," he said cautiously. "Things aren't going too bad."

"Are you going to get back with her?" I quizzed, hoping the answer was no. 

"I think so. Speaking of relationships, do you have somebody? Or..." Dallon trailed off. 

"No, I haven't found anybody that I felt was 'the one' yet, you know?" I replied. "I dated this girl named Sarah for a few years, but it didn't work out in the end. I found out that I like men more than I do women." 

Dallon's eyes widened, "You like men?" 

"Yeah, how else do you think I fit in with my gay-ass friends?" I replied. 

Dallon blushed, "I guess I didn't think of it that way." 

"I would definitely be the odd one out," I laughed. "Not that there is anything wrong with straight people and gay people being friends, it's just that we would have less in common and I would kinda stick out." 

"Does that make me the odd one then?" Dallon giggled. 

"I guess it does, but we all love you and we won't let you leave, so it's cool," I replied. 

"You won't be alone forever, Bren, you'll meet a nice boy someday," Dallon said, although the one I currently wanted was right in front of me, I smiled in reply. 

"Do you... Only like women then?" I asked awkwardly. 

"Well, I wouldn't be opposed to dating a man," Dallon answered, winking at me. I began choking on my own spit. 

"Dallon Weekes! Are you flirting with me?" I questioned once I stopped choking and dying. 

"Maybe I am, who knows?" He said, winking again and I shook my head at him. 

"I don't think Breezy would like that very much," I reminded. 

The smile on his face faded a bit, but he still grinned at me, "Ah, what she doesn't know won't hurt her." 

I smiled back at him and then the doorbell rang, the pizza was here. 

"YES PIZZA!" I shouted, running to the door, I opened it and there stood Pete. 

"Pizza?! WHERE THE FUCK AT?!" He screamed. 

"No, we are not sharing our pizza with you!" I replied, shutting the door in his face. 

"Fine, I didn't want to see you guys anyway!" Pete countered, slightly muffled by the door, before walking away. 

I walked back over to Dallon who asked, "Where's the pizza?"

"It wasn't the pizza man, it was Pete," I sighed sadly. 

"Pete? I didn't know he was going to make an appearance in this chapter," Dallon replied.

"I didn't either, but you know, Pete is always full of surprises," I disclosed. 

"That he is," he agreed. "Hey, Bren, I dare you to scare the delivery guy when he gets here."

"Okay, how should I do it?" I asked excitedly. 

"When he pulls up, wait by the door and when he is about to knock, just open the door and scream," Dallon answered. "Make sure to grab the pizza and pay him while you do so." 

"Okay," I accepted, and stood by the door, quietly giggling to myself, cash in hand. 

After a couple minutes, I heard Dallon whisper, "Now, now!"

I yanked the door open and screamed, "KEEP THE CHANGE!" While grabbing the pizza and tossing the money, the delivery guy had an extremely surprised look on his face. I slammed the door shut and turned to Dallon, hysterically laughing. 

"Dude, that was amazing!" He cheered after he stopped laughing. 

"I KNOW! We should do it again sometime!" I exclaimed. 

"Now, let's eat some pizza!" Dallon shouted as we walked into the living room, sitting on the couch with the pizza box between us, continuing our awful horror movie marathon. After we both ate the entire pizza, I took the box and threw it away, sitting right next to Dallon when I returned. 

"I really like living here with you, Bren. It's great to spend time with you when you aren't acting as my nurse," Dallon admitted. 

"And I like spending time with you as my friend, and not having to be your slave and serve you," I laughed. 

"Hey! I didn't make you do too much, so don't over exaggerate and say that you were my 'slave'," Dallon chuckled. 

"But I still had to do stuff and not sit there doing nothing, that's too much," I replied. 

"Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if you weren't so lazy," Dallon said, pushing me playfully. 

"Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if you did something other than just laying around," I sassed back. 

"First of all, I was in a coma for a majority of the time I was there, so I couldn't really do anything about that. Then I had to regain my strength after not using my muscles during my coma, so sorry I was incapable of doing things. Maybe you shouldn't have been a nurse if you wanted to be lazy," he remarked. 

"If I wasn't a nurse, you wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be your best friend, and your life would suck without me," I informed. 

"Whatever, bitch," Dallon said. 

"Jerk," I instantly replied. 

"How am I the jerk?" Dallon questioned in fake-offense. 

"Did you not understand the- Dallon, have you ever watched Supernatural?" I asked urgently.

"No," he said slowly.

"Well you are now, we are going to fucking binge watch this show, right here, right now," I demanded. 

"Whatever you say, Bren," Dallon replied. 

"Also, don't let yourself get attached to any other characters besides the Winchesters," I said. 

"Why?" he questioned. 

"You'll see," I answered and started the first episode. After watching the first couple episodes, Dallon already loved it.