Art Exhibit

It had been a couple of weeks since Dallon had arrived at the hospital. Still, no one came to see him and I felt so bad for him. We had pictures and information about him put into the papers and even broadcasted on the local news channel, but we got nothing back from anyone. He didn't seem like a terrible person, but what did I know. All I knew was his medical information, he was unconscious, I knew nothing about his personality. He could be an absolute dick for all I knew. 

He was healing up nicely, on the outside of his body, the bruises on his face and body had faded away. He turned out to be quite attractive underneath those bruises. I spoke to him out loud every day when I checked on him and I wondered if he could hear me talking to him. I felt like I got to get closer to this man the more I talked to him. I wished he could talk back, or something. Maybe one day, after he had healed more. 

I had just returned to my desk after checking up on Dallon in his room when I heard yelling down the hallway. 

"I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT PART OF THE HOSPITAL HE SAID HE WORKED, BUT WE WILL FIND HIM! FOLLOW ME, BITCHES!" I heard a familiar voice scream, it was the one that called me every single day to question me. It was the notorious Pete Wentz, along with the rest of our friend group. 

I saw them walk up to Dr. Spencer Smith's desk at the end of the hallway. 

"Where can I find the nurse, Brendon Urie?" Gerard asked. 

"First of all, I'm gonna need you guys to quiet down, this is a hospital after all, there are sick patients here," He said, looking straight at Pete. "Second, if you would look down that way, he is literally right there."

Spencer pointed down the hallway at me, and they all began speed-walking down the hallway towards me. Not even thanking him for his help. 

"Brendon, where is the town's only interesting person at?" Pete said, referring to Dallon.

"You didn't even come here to see me? You just came to see Dallon?" I replied, acting shocked.

"Of course," Pete answered. "Why would I come to a stupid hospital to see YOU  work?"

"I feel the love," I said with my hand over my heart.

"Besides, I don't think anyone else would let a bunch of strangers in," Patrick added.

"So will you take us?" Josh asked, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Yes," I sighed. "But you guys can't be loud and obnoxious, he is a patient, not an exhibit for you to visit."

I walked them to Dallon's room and opened the door, allowing them to file in.

"Are you sure he isn't an exhibit because I feel like I just walked into an art museum. This man is hot as fuck," Pete exclaimed, causing him to receive a glare from Patrick. "I'm sorry, I still love you, you're beautiful."

"That's right," Patrick replied sassily.

"He looks okay, do you think he will wake up?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know. He may look okay, but he suffered a brain injury so there's no telling what could happen. He could end up brain dead, or he might wake up with no memories of who he was. He could die, there are so many possibilities that could happen," I answered.

"All of those would be terrible. Nobody has come to see him, right?" Frank asked.

"Yeah, you guys are actually his only visitors so far," I replied.

"So, if he lost his memories, he would have no one to help him remember?" Gerard said.

"Right, but let's just hope for the best right now, okay, it's still early on," I replied. "Let's go."

I opened the door and held it open for them, Pete taking the longest to leave out of everyone. I threatened to lock him in there, but Patrick wouldn't allow that.

"Hurry up, Pete, or I will shove Patrick in there and lock you both in!" I shouted. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he said, running from the room. 

"Geez, what took you so long?" Tyler questioned.

"I was just talking to Dallon," he replied simply, walking away with Patrick, hand in hand. 

"Does this mean you won't call me tonight?!" I called after him.

"No, so you better be ready to answer the phone when I do," he replied.

"You are killing me, Pete, how are you supposed to learn about him when I'm dead?" I questioned.

"I won't let you die," he answered before exiting the building. 

"I think that's the cue for us to follow him," Gerard said and everyone quickly ran outside to catch up with Pete and Patrick, as they were their ride back home. I walked back into Dallon's room. 

"I'm sorry for them, they can be rather obnoxious and annoying. I hope Pete didn't tell you anything disturbing, and if he did, I hope you didn't hear it," I said. 

I carefully began to move him around on the bed, so that he wouldn't get bed sores from laying in one spot. It was difficult considering he was a very tall and heavy man, I also was not very strong so I struggled to shift him around. 

"By the time you're out of here, I am going to have muscles of steel, I swear," I giggled. 

I left the room and went back to my desk, patiently doing nothing until I was needed for something, or until I needed to check on Dallon again. There wasn't much for me to do here.