Activity

Dallon had been in a coma for a couple of months now, his doctor, Dr. Smith, said he could wake up soon since he had been fine these past few months. That was pretty exciting, the chances of Dallon surviving were high which was so amazing.

My friends actually visited Dallon regularly, but in smaller groups, usually just pairs. Pete and Patrick visited the most, Pete basically dragging Patrick with him sometimes. Pete had become so involved with this, he was the first to know everything. He even started talking to Ryan and Jon about Dallon, he didn't want to miss a single thing. He actually kinda talked to Dallon and got Patrick to talk to him too. But whenever I asked him about what he said, they both were dismissive about it.

Dallon was basically adopted into our friend group without his knowing, he was in for a lot when he woke up. He was probably going to be overwhelmed when he woke up, I would have to tell them to keep the visits on the down low. It would be strange to wake up and find a bunch of people who I had never met but were strangely obsessed with me.

I had just arrived at the hospital, greeting Jon and clocking in. I walked into Dallon's room to check up on him.

"How's my favorite patient today?" I asked, knowing very well that he was my only actual patient who couldn't respond. Or at least, I thought.

I was looking down at him when I saw his hand slightly twitch. That never happened before.

"Can you hear me, Dallon?" I asked excitedly and his hand twitched again. He was becoming responsive, this was big. 

I ran out of the room, running to Spencer's desk. I needed to talk to his doctor about important things that happened to the patients.

"Dr. Smith, come quick, Dallon is responding!" I exclaimed and he quickly followed behind me.

"This better not be a joke, Urie," he responded.

We ran back to Dallon's room and we stood next to his bed.

"Dallon, can you move your hand again?" I said, and his hand twitched once again. 

"This is amazing! He has gotten so much better! I expect that he should be waking up soon!" Spencer praised. 

"Should we try to call Breezy again?" I asked. "I know she hasn't responded to us yet, but maybe she will now?"

"Good idea, you do that," he replied before leaving the room and going to his desk.

I called Breezy after I returned to my own desk, she didn't pick up of course, so I left her a voice message, hoping she would hear it and call back. I waited patiently for the phone to ring when Pete showed up at the hospital.

"Hey, B, anything happen today?" He asked.

"Yes, actually," I replied. "He is actually kinda responding-"

"YOU MEAN SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH DALLON AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME?! WHAT THE FUCK, BRENDON?!" He screamed, I saw Spencer glare down at him. "TAKE ME TO HIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

"God, Pete, would you chill out for once in your life?" I responded to him.

"NO! NOW TAKE ME THERE!" He shouted, I complied so he would quiet down.

I walked into the room saying, "Brace yourself, Dallon, your biggest fan is here for their regular visit."

"I thought you said he was responding, you liar!" Pete accused.

"Pete, you moron, that doesn't mean he is awake, it means we get a response out of him," I spat.

"SHOW ME!" He exclaimed. 

"Ugh, maybe Dallon doesn't want to show a weirdo like you," I replied. 

"SHOW ME!!!!" He repeated, even louder, he was out of control. 

I sighed, "Dallon, will you please move your hand for the drama queen?"

His hand didn't move, but I noticed his mouth slightly smile for a second. I tried to contain my laughter, he was helping me annoy Pete. I was really starting to like Dallon. 

"He didn't do anything," Pete complained. 

"Maybe he doesn't have the energy to do it right now, but he did it earlier. Go ask Dr. Smith if you don't believe me," I replied. 

"Ugh, well, I'm still going to talk to him, so you can go now," Pete demanded. 

"I am the nurse, you can't tell me to leave," I responded. "I'm supposed to take care of him, maybe I don't think you should be around him unsupervised. You could kill him or something." 

"B, you know that isn't going to happen, so please leave, let me talk to him. He might be able to listen to me this time!" Pete urged. 

"Fine," I said. "I will be at my desk. But it is still very possible that you could kill him, you're crazy and out of control, who knows if you have murderous tendencies too?" 

I sat at my desk, wondering why Pete was so specific about me not hearing him talk to Dallon. What could he possibly be telling him? After a few minutes, Pete comes out of the room. 

"Did you get any response from him?" I asked.

"Yeah, I asked him to move his hand a couple times until he finally did it," Pete replied. 

"Isn't it great? Dr. Smith said he could wake up soon, he'll be okay!" I exclaimed, taking the role of the excited one this time. 

"You're more attached to him than I am aren't you?" He smirked. 

"Well, I am taking care of him every day, it's hard not to," I replied. 

"You like him, don't you, Brendon?" Pete whispered. 

"That is ridiculous, I don't even really know him, he could be the world's worst person. I know nothing!" I defended, even though I kinda did like Dallon. 

"That doesn't change the fact that you like him and you know it! Admit it!" He shouted. 

"I WILL NOT ADMIT IT!" I responded. 

"You would only say that if you had something to admit, you like Dallon, case closed," Pete replied, crossing his arms. 

"Fine, whatever, yes, can you go now?" I asked. 

"After I tell Dallon," He said in a singsong voice, walking towards his room. 

"Pete, no! That's weird, we don't even know each other, don't tell him!" I begged. 

"Fine, but I'm telling Patrick and the rest of the guys," he compromised.

"Pete..." I whined. 

"It's either them or Dallon," he said, raising his eyebrows at me. 

I huffed, "Fine, just leave, get out of here. Go tell Patrick, I don't even care."

And he walked out of the hospital, staying away from Dallon's room. I walked into his room. 

"Thanks for helping me mess with Pete," I giggled. "You are my new best friend."

I saw him lightly smile again and I left the room, waiting for the end of my shift so I could go home.