Agree

(Gif is not relevant to the chapter, just extremely accurate)

When the visiting hours were over, I walked back to Pete and Patrick house in the dark, but I still held a smile on my face. I quietly walked into the house and made my way to Pete and Patrick, who were sitting on the couch, watching TV. 

"I'm sorry, for earlier," I said softly. 

"Oh, Dal, it's okay, I know you're really stressed and worried about Brendon right now. I should have been more understanding. I'M sorry," Pete said, standing up and opening his arms. I stepped forward and hugged him. 

"I also come with some exciting news!" I exclaimed when we let go from our hug and they smiled at me. "He's getting better! He's starting to improve and yesterday I asked him to start getting better for me, and he is now!"

"Really, Dal? That's amazing!" Patrick exclaimed, and they both pulled me into a hug. 

"I can't believe it," Pete whispered. We broke the hug and sat down, continuing to watch whatever movie Pete and Patrick were watching, I didn't recognize it. We stayed up for a couple of hours before returning to our rooms and going to bed. 

For once, I actually fell asleep for a couple of hours, it wasn't much, but it was more than I was getting before. 

. . .

I woke up with a smile on my face, practically skipping to the kitchen and eating breakfast with Pete and Patrick, who both looked at me happily. 

"It's nice to see you smiling again, Dallon," Patrick said. 

"I'm happy, Brendon's getting better, we're a step closer to getting him back!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Patrick and I will have to come see him on our day off," Pete replied. 

"Yeah!" I said. "He probably misses you guys!"

Pete and Patrick kinda smiled at each other awkwardly before Patrick said, "It has been awhile since we've seen him." 

I smiled, "This is great! I'm going to go see him again, I'll talk to you guys later!"

I walked out of the house and was back at the hospital within minutes. Before I knew it, I was in Brendon's room, by his side and holding his hand. 

"Remember when I was the one in the hospital bed and you were the one taking care of me?" I asked after quietly sitting there for awhile. "Remember when I was finally able to respond to you by moving my hand? Do you think you can do that for me, cutie? Start responding to me? Wiggle a finger, squeeze my hand, anything?"

I stared down at him, watching for anything, nothing happened. I shouldn't be expecting him to improve right away like I was. He needed time, I needed to be patient with him. 

"Did I ever tell you what Pete told me every time he visited me in the hospital? What you always questioned him about every time he kicked you out of the room? I don't think I ever did. He told me that you needed me to wake up, that you were alone and needed someone. He saw the way you cared for me and told me to be there for you too. I'm doing that right now, cutie," I whispered. "I'm gonna be here for you every day and I am going to help you like you helped me. The cutie and his beautiful man, the perfect pair."

I hated seeing him like this, unconscious and unable to wake up, I just wanted to talk to him, I wanted things to be back to normal. Was that too much to ask? We had made it this far, why should we let anything stop us now?

"You know, from the moment we officially met, when I woke up, I started to get a crush on you. I could see how much of an amazing person you were. You were so nice and caring to me, a man you had never met. You treated me as if you had known me for the longest time. That's why I kept flirting with you," I confessed. "I wasn't sure if you felt the same, you didn't seem to be bothered when I went out with Breezy, but then you kissed me. It was amazing, I will never forget the way that one kiss felt. That's when I started to fall in love with you, cutie." 

I thought about the events surrounding the time we met and afterward, which seemed impossible to happen to both of us. I didn't believe that they were coincidences anymore, but as events meant to bring us closer together. 

"Do you think we're supposed to be together, cutie?" I quietly asked. "How else could I have survived that accident, a completely smashed up car and body. I could have died, I probably should have died in there. Then, when Breezy kidnapped me and shot me, why didn't she just kill me, then and there? We all knew she wanted to, but she didn't, she just took me away. When she shot you, how did you survive? A bullet to the brain, what are even the odds of surviving that? But you did, cutie, you are still alive. So, does this mean we are meant for each other? Or is it just coincidence?" 

I leaned back further into my chair, slowly relaxing while still holding onto his hand, and closed my eyes. 

"Maybe the cutie and his beautiful man really are the perfect pair," I sighed, and I finally slipped into a peaceful unconsciousness, finally getting some actual sleep. 

I dreamt of the things Brendon and I could do when he woke up. I dreamt of our future lives together, hopefully, everything turning out perfect and we end up living together happily. I felt a genuine smile slowly appearing on my face, I knew everything was going to turn out okay. Brendon was going to heal and wake up, and we would finally be able to live out our perfect lives together. 

A.N.

I'M GETTING MY TATTOO TODAY, I'LL POST PICTURES IN MY NEXT UPDATE