Overview

Disclaimer: My story starts off with a weak main character. But the whole point of the story is for my readers to see how she goes from being someone that is weak to being a strong person. Trust me, you will see the development towards the end of the story. In real life, we go through struggles and in the end, we come out stronger than before. Take it from someone who has personally experienced it. So, I wanted to write something like that and have others see the change from a weak person to a strong individual. I will not tolerate readers commenting on my story and telling me that I am promoting toxicity. Always Broken is a FICTIONAL story. It was written out of boredom when I was a very young girl. That being stated, I would like to say I do not support abuse of any kind. If you or a loved one are experiencing abuse, please call the domestic abuse hotline: 800-799-7233. Now that I have said that, enjoy the book. :)

This book is currently going through editing.

Jackie Simmons

It was no secret that my parents longed for the day I would get married. But I never, in all my nineteen years of living, thought that they would actually involve me in an arranged marriage.

It was a nice, sunny day when I was in my room filling out a college application for Yale. I was excited about starting a new life at college with a couple of friends. Because I was homeschooled, it had been a long time since I had gone to an actual school, and I could not wait to experience it. I was itching to meet new people and be normal, even though they say normal is overrated.

However, that day my plans were shattered into pieces when my parents walked into my room, delivering heartbreaking news.

"Honey, we have discussed this for a long time, but it's about time you start thinking about marriage. It's the family tradition to get married around your age," my mom said, intensely looking at me. Even though she tried to make this about the family tradition, I comprehended that this was more than that.

"I understand. But mom, it will take time. I haven't fallen in love with anyone yet," I replied, as if what I was saying was common sense. To be quite frank, it was, and I thought my mom and dad would respect my decision to wait on marriage but apparently, they were opposed to the idea. With them, everything was always rushed. There was always an agenda, a motive, and something to achieve. And I was never a person that cared to rush. Ever.

"Yes, I know you want to fall in love. But your father and I are getting older. I want to see grandchildren before my sixties, child. We have found a suitable match who will help you take care of our businesses and concert halls. We would like you to marry him," my mother broke the news to me.

Suddenly, my heart started to thump in my chest. I felt like it was the end of the world that day. No matter what I said, my parents' mind had been made up and I was officially in an arranged marriage.

But as always, I remained optimistic about everything. So, I decided that nothing could go worse if I cooperated with my parents to go meet my fiancé. However, I couldn't have been more wrong because I remember that day, and it was the beginning of my falling. It was a strong pull towards the man who I later on married. I remember it like it just happened yesterday. Now, I'm less naïve and I've grown with a sense of compassion and maturity. But back then, I was slowly drowning in my own sorrow, and it was only a matter of time before I shattered like glass.

They say love is like a disease. Many things are said about love. They say love is blind; pointless sometimes. Others say love is complicated, and heart-wrenching. But personally, I had always associated love as the most unfathomable feeling alive. I wanted to experience it some day and words could not explain how excited I was to find it.

When I met Brad, my future husband, it seemed as if everything was surreal. It seemed as though he was not real and that I had been smitten with him way too fast. I wouldn't say it was love at first sight. I would say it was excitement at first sight. I was excited for the present and the future when I first saw him. Sadly, everything I was excited for was nothing but an infatuated dream. It was a hypnotizing illusion just waiting to be broken like a damn waiting to burst into a flood.

Being the delusional girl I was back then, I thought that Brad would accept me as his wife. However, I was wrong. I was very undeniably wrong. But I would not want to keep anyone in curiosity for too long.

I am Jackie Simmons, and this is my story of heartbreak and love. But mostly heartbreak.
***

7/29/2018 Edit: I have started a new story and I want everyone to go read it! It's called His Undoing. Here it is....

Dylan Robinson is not someone to play with. With a bad past trailing behind him, Robinson is on the run, homeless and destitute with police running after him. After a mafia attack on his family, everyone is left dead except for him, and he is falsely accused of murdering his own family. Sadly, Dylan is still on the run even after five long years.

Kia Brown has always known that her father was rich, but she never thought about why- he was just a successful businessman right? But what happens when she figures out that's not the case- that her own father is involved with the mafia and that she is in danger? And what happens when a bleeding Dylan comes stumbling into her attic looking for a hiding place from the police? Will she help him, and will he be able to protect her from the dangers of the mafia?
*
*
*
"Don't come any closer," the man snapped at Kia, interrupting what she was saying.

"I just wanna help you," she interjected, begging him.

"Stay back, princess, I'm dangerous. At least that's what everyone else says," he replied and with that he pulled his hood over his head, stumbling to the other side of her attic.
***
Love, China.