Chapter 14: Better Attitude

Comment a lot in this chapter and express your feelings in a nice way and have fun with your comments. Add emojis and jokes, if you'd like. I love seeing your comments and I would like to thank  some of you guys for all the beautiful comments! 
****
Jackie Simmons

3 Months Later

"Brad, how many times have I told you to take your high blood pressure medicine before you go to work? Here, take your medicine," I said, handing him some pills.

"You're worrying too much. I told you I took them already, could you stop grilling me?" He asked, annoyed as he popped the pills in his mouth.

"You lied to me the last time. You said you took them but you really didn't. I'm very worried about you. You are very stressed when you come home from work," I replied, grabbing his tie and putting it on for him.

"That was only one time," he interjected, with a sigh.

"But promise me that you'll take them for me. I won't pester you anymore, just promise me you'll take them tomorrow too," I begged, looking into his eyes as I clutched my hands around his tie.

"Okay, I promise," he said, grumpily.

"Great," I grinned and I finished tying his tie. It had been a crazy last couple of months and after the accident, Annie suggested we get some marriage counseling. Annie yelled at us about how we were grownups and it was time to start acting like it. So, nevertheless, we went to counseling and it was actually a good experience. Brad was still his grumpy self but we were slowly improving and it was beginning to be a better atmosphere for us all.

"Come closer to my face," Brad commanded and I knew what that was a code for. I had learned that whenever Brad said, 'Come closer to my face,' it meant that he wanted a kiss. He had a hard time expressing his feelings but I could tell he was slowly getting better and that made me smile everyday. He was still overly possessive and he still hated Josh. But he had stopped ordering me around as much, which was a start.

I came out of my reverie and I put my face closer to his and he kissed me. My lips became molded onto the kiss and I parted my lips for my husband. Brad came closer and wrapped his arms around my waist. As always, when I let him kiss me, I started to feel things that I could not explain. He kissed me like it was meant to be. These small gestures made me love him even the more. We continued to enjoy the whole action until I remembered something.

"Brad, you have to go to work," I said while pulling back. "I'm making chicken and potatoes tonight for dinner. That's fine, right?"

"I don't want chicken, I want spaghetti and meatballs," he said, angrily complaining.

"Fine," I giggled, "I'll make you spaghetti. See you later."

"See you," he replied.

As I watched him leave and go to his car to drive off, I waved and before you know it, he was gone. Brad and I had this routine that we never acknowledged. Everyday, I got up early and helped him dress because Annie said it would bring us closer and it did. It took a while to get Brad to agree, but before you knew it, my husband was waking me up to help him get dressed. The next part of the routine was cooking. I would cook him breakfast and put on his tie before he leaves to work.

When he left, I would cook dinner for him and we would eat it together when he got home. This became a routine for the last month and I had become accustomed to it.

Going downstairs to wash Brad's clothes, I got a call from Olivia.

"Hey, chica!" I heard my friend yell over the phone, "What are you doing?"