Final Chapter: Happiness

Firstly, I want to say thanks for the support!!! We are currently at 30.5k views and everyone has been commenting like crazy! Whoever is sharing this story and voting and commenting, I would like to say thank you! So as you guys know, I did a prayer last chapter and people really liked it so I'm going to do another prayer this chapter before we start this chapter okay? But before I start, I would like anyone who has any prayer requests to insert their request in the comment section right now.

So, first I would like to pray that all the requests that have been asked for be granted.

Secondly, I would like to pray for the Burmese soldiers that are raping and killing Muslims. I pray that the Muslims get justice and that this crisis stops immediately.

Also, I would like to pray for the US and China- that the US pays back the money they owe China and other countries so that the taxes may go down in the United States.

Read the authors note at the end of the chapter. I have a surprise for all you lovely readers.

Jackie Simmons

"But dad? Why now? After all I've been through with him, you're forcing me to leave him? But daddy, what if I want to stay with him? What if your judgement for me to marry him was good after all?" I asked and I begged my father to let me stay with Brad.

"I was out of my mind when I married you off to him! Why can't you just agree with me? What happened? You were just complaining about Brad a couple of months ago?" My dad bargained, making a point and at that moment I knew that they did not understand me. The girl who I was a couple of months ago is gone.

The woman that I am now is weak, broken and tired. She's been shot, kidnapped, tortured and misused. She just wants to rest. But the girl I was back then was a people-pleaser and a doormat. I was sick of everything at this point, I was furious. I might be weak but I'm going to speak my mind. I was not going to let my parents take me away from the only man I learned to love in a relationship.

They think that if they divorce me from Brad, they will be able to marry me off again to man- a man I will never love. This time I knew better. I was not going to let them take me away from my new life- from what I had learned to love.

"I love him and I won't divorce him unless I want to," I seethed, getting up from my hospital bed.

"Love? This is nonsense. You've been shot, kidnapped and tortured and all you can say is you're in love? What is wrong with you? Are you crazy?!" My father asked, coming closer to me to grab me by my arm.

"No! I'm not crazy!" I yelled, "What I don't understand is how you can be so ignorant! You don't care about my feelings. I'm just a puppet to you. You marry me off and then I fall in love. I'm pregnant, fulfilling Mother's wish to have me pregnant. I'm doing everything you have wanted me to do and right when I accept the life I've been given and the life I was forced into, you take me away. You don't care about me. I'm nothing to you. I'm in this hospital, screaming every night and having nightmares every night and you're thinking about divorcing me! What have I done? I'm doing everything you've asked," I said, tears coming out my eyes.

But then I swiftly wiped them away, "But this is it. If you try to ruin my marriage, I'm done. I'm giving up. I won't be trying again to get married to a second husband and please you because Brad has got my heart and he'll always have it. So, go on ahead and divorce me from Brad, forge my signature but I'm letting you know right now. I'll never be that girl you had anymore. I'll never be Jackie Simmons anymore. I'm Jackie Rodriguez and no matter what you do, I'll always be that. I'll always be his," I said, finishing my speech.