Chapter 9: The Banquet (Book 2)

Want a shout out? Comment three or more times this chapter.

Hello, everyone! I'm here today to give all my loyal readers another update. Thanks for not yelling at me for these slow updates. I'm not dead, don't worry.

What's happening with me? Well, I got nominated for National Junior Honor Society and I got into College Possible. I'm going to Arizona for the summer. My mom and brothers are moving to Arizona. I'm trying to work on getting a job. School work is killing me and finals are coming up so please bare with me on the updates. I really appreciate it and I love you guys!

I got a message for you guys at the end so don't leave too fast.

***
Previously on Always in Love...

As Esther washed my shoulders with tulips, she asked me another question.

"Is it a man?" She asked again.

"Yes," I replied, very surprised. "How did you know?"

"No offense to you, My Lady but you are not a good liar," she said, as though it were a forbidden thing to say.

"It is okay," I told her. "Also, just call me Lorena."

"I am trying to do so... Lorena," she tried my name on her tongue.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked, wanting to know if she was giving me consent to tell her something personal.

"Sure," she complied.

I took a deep breath as I prepared to tell her something I never told anyone else in my life.
***
Lorena Eliakim

"I feel trapped," I said.

"What do you mean?" Esther gasped, picking up a towel to dry me off from my bath.

"I am friends with someone. This person makes me feel alive. However, no one honors him and I am a princess who should not be friends with him because of what society thinks. I feel stuck," I confess to her and it was true. Sahem did not make me feel trapped in any way, shape or form. But it was like my relationship with him was very difficult and I always seem to think about what would happen if we were both caught.

Some days I just think about stopping whatever friendship we have with each other but I do not want Sahem to take offense to my actions. I love Sahem like a friend would but the last thing I want to do is jeopardize our lives.

"I would give you some advice but I don't really know what to tell you. But I always say that if a person makes you happy, that is the only thing that matters. I fell in love once and I will never be able to fall in love again because the love of my life died. You should take advantage of all the experiences you have in life, whether in maybe a friendship or a relationship. Your happiness is what matters at the end of the day," she said. Her doe eyes looked straight into my eyes and I could tell she was very sincere. I wanted to ask how the love of her life died but I did not want to pry or put my nose in someone else's business.

"Thank you," I replied and soon my mother walked in the room, demanding that I go to bed.
*
*
*
I have never understood social events. It seems like one conversation goes on for hours and it seems never-ending.

I am at a banquet with my mother and father since Sahem did not show up today at the field. It was very odd for some reason because he never misses an opportunity for us to get together and talk. I was hurt that he did not show up but in the back of my mind, I knew something was wrong. Why would he just decide not to show up? Something was up and I knew it.