Chapter 25: Memories

Hey!!! I'm back. The chapter goal is 200 reads, 20 votes and 50 comments. I'm going to ask that you guys comment a lot. I want to know your opinion. Okay? It really means a lot to me and I do read you guys' comments. This chapter is not edited. :-)

Jackie Simmons

A lot of times, I start to doubt whether I was really kidnapped or not. But at the end of the day, I start to realize I was indeed kidnapped. But what still seems to shock me is the conditions I have been living in these last couple of days.

The man who kidnapped me was not only a rapist but a man active in prostitution. His name is Alejandro, but he is not of Hispanic decent. I had heard that he had simply changed his name because he wanted his name to sound powerful. No one knows his real name, supposedly.

I stayed in a warehouse since I have been taken from my home with some other girls who are already used to living in a world of prostitution.

I have been living with three girls who find me very weird because I refuse to talk and I rub my belly all the time, as they say. The first girl is Natalia- the cheery and happy one. She's sixteen years old and she is said to be in love with Alejandro because he has never let her be raped by anyone. He has been quote on quote "kind" to her by taking her into his house and making her his personal prostitute.

The second girl is Jan. She's about seventeen years old and she was kidnapped by Alejandro at age ten, according to her account. She does not seem very found of the bad life but she accepts it because every once in a while for her services, she is given money. This money is money she collects so that one day, she can escape. She proudly told me these facts when she figured out I did not want to be there.

Lastly, the third girl is Mullah. Mullah is around twenty-one year's old and she's the oldest of us all. She's ordered to look after us and make sure we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, which is hypothetically not escaping the warehouse. Mullah is my worse nightmare, because not only does she watch our every move but she likes this lifestyle, just like Natalia. I think Jan is the only sane one in the clan.

Because of all this, I constantly find myself sitting in a corner of a room, just crying because even though I have not been raped yet, I know that sooner or later, I will be. If Brad does not find me, I'll be ruined forever and that is the sad part about all of this.

Sitting down at a table, I pulled up my shirt and I started to rub my belly. At these times of trouble, my baby was the only one who could comfort me. No one knew I was pregnant yet, but I know that would not last too long. Eventually, someone was going to find out. As I sat there, just thinking about the worse to come, I felt a person's hand tap me on the shoulder. Whipping my head around, I turned around just to see Jan.

"Hey, what's wrong? I don't want to be here either but I ain't moping around. You wanna do something? Play some cards, watch some television?" She asked, trying to cheer me up.

"No thank you, Jan," I mumbled.

"Look, I hate this place. But life ain't gonna do you no good if you sit around all day, feeling sorry for yourself. Now, get up and start eating. There's pizza in the kitchen area. Besides, stress is not good for your baby," she ranted, while rolling her eyes. My eyes got wider and all of a sudden, I felt intimidated.

"Who told you I was pregnant?" I said, in shock as I tried to put my head around how she figured out my secret. It was as if she knew the whole time. I became baffled and suddenly, I started to sweat. What if she told Alejandro about my baby?

"I'm not dumb. Who constantly rubs their stomach for nothing? It's obvious that you're pregnant and you're married. You have a ring on your finger. But Natalia, with her stupid self and Mullah, with her retarded self, can't figure that out. So, I just let them think you're some girl who rubs their stomach all the time. Aren't they dumb?" She asked, snickering at what she said, under her breath.