Chapter 19: I Want Brad

I'm back!

Jackie Simmons

I love my husband very much and even as I left, I made sure to cook him one last meal that I left in the refrigerator.

After that, I took my suitcases and I walked out the house. I knew exactly where I was going. I was going to Olivia's house. I couldn't go to my parents' house because they are bound to notice that something is wrong. I did not want to go through all that so I would just go to Olivia's house.

Of course, I was not planning on leaving forever but I was planning on leaving for about a month or so. Until then, I would stay at Olivia's house and cry my eyes out. Some might say I was overreacting but it seemed as though Brad had no respect for me.

A man is not stupid and he knows when a woman loves him. Brad knows he's got my heart on a string and that's why he has no respect for me. He knows that no matter what he does, I'll still love him. He also knows that no matter what he says, I'll still come back to him because I love him. That is the reason why I get no respect because he knows I am too in love with him to demand respect.

I am sick of that. So, I decided that I have to leave this time and if he really wants me, he will come back and say sorry. But if he does not, he will not. It is as simple as that because I cannot chase my husband forever as much as I want too.

Finally, arriving at Olivia's house, I went inside with the key she had gave me not too long ago and I saw Liv sitting right on the couch. She knew I  was coming.

"How are you?" She asked, getting up to walk towards me.

"Horrible," I said, looking down in disappointment.

"Jackie, calm down. It's going to be alright," she said as she reached out her arms to give me a hug.
*
*
*
Later on that night, I sat on the couch eating ice cream and chips while watching PBS kids. The cartoons seemed to calm me down and at this point, I did not care if I was nineteen years old, watching cartoons.

I had looked up all the girls Brad had been with before I decided to just let go and watch some television. It seems as though all the girls Brad had been with were all pretty girls. Scratch that, they were beautiful girls and they looked nothing like me. Maybe I was just ugly. Was I not good enough? Maybe Brad just did not like girls like me.

Whatever it was, I was sick of him treating me like nothing. He always treated me like an object instead of a human being and even though I loved him, there was only so much a person could take.

As I sat on the couch watching cartoons, I realized maybe I am not good enough. But did that stop me from loving my husband? No. But my mother always had this famous saying she used to say. If he can't except you for who you are, then he is not the one for you. My mother and I did not have the best relationship but that was one of the most valid statements I had ever heard in my entire lifetime. That made me realize it did not matter if Brad liked the way I look or not, he is still married to me and I still deserve respect.

Suddenly, Olivia snatched the bowl of ice cream out of my hands while sealing on the top of the container and throwing it across the room. I flinched and I looked at her with a frown on my face.

"Listen, I'm not going to sit around and watch you mope around about one guy. Neither am I going to let your self-esteem go down. I saw you looking at those girls on the internet. You need to stop that because you're just as pretty. Now, here's what you are going to do if Brad doesn't come back. You are going to get over him, divorce him and live your life. As for love, there are other fishes in the sea who would love to date you," Olivia said, breathing hard.

"But I don't want other fishes in the sea, I want Brad. Olivia, he's the one that I married and it sucks that everytime I think our relationship is working out, something bad happens," I said and tears started to build up in my throat but I held them down. I was tired of crying over Brad.

"I want you to have Brad too. But we both know that Brad needs to suck it up and come here but he's not. What I'm saying is, if he never comes back, you have to move on with your life. My dear, you have done enough for him. You are the best wife anyone could ask for and he's taking advantage of that. Come on, Jackie, don't loose your self worth for a man. You are strong, Jackie," she said holding on to me in a compassionate way.

"Yes, but I want to wait for him. Sometimes, maybe waiting is the best thing to do," I interjected. However, despite what I said, I knew that waiting was not the solution to this particular problem. I needed some respect from my husband.

"I understand, Jackie. But don't wait too long," she replied, looking very serious.

"Okay," I agreed, looking up with a smile on my face.

"I see you never took my advice to not fall in love with him. This is actually why I did not want you to. This is just too much heartbreak for you. Please cheer up," she said, with a smile on her face.

"Yes, Ma'am," I heeded to her words.

"Now, I will be right back. I have to go do something, okay?" She proposed and before I could utter a word, she had left to go to her bedroom.

Olivia Sanchez

I was so mad that my best friends husband acted like he had no sense at all. I mean, I have never been in love before but I sure do know that it's supposed to be happy, and not depressing.

I'm a girl of low-tolerance and so I really do commend my best friend for being so strong and patient with her husband. I could never do something like that just because of the simple fact that Brad was so disrespectful.

Finally, I got the call I had been waiting for.

"Why didn't you call earlier, Brute. Don't you care about her?" I snapped at Brad.

"Yes, I do. How is she?" He asked and that made me even more angrier.

"How do you think she is? All fine and dandy? No, stupid! She's eating full tubs of ice cream and watching cartoons. That's a dumb question. Look, mister. I don't like you but my friends' happiness is in this and she loves you so freaking much. That is the only reason why I'm giving you updates," I conveyed the message to him.

"I do care about her so you can stop lecturing me. For one, I did not know that a pass relationship would hurt her feelings. How was I supposed to know that?" He exclaimed, sighing.

"It's a relationship you had during your marriage with Jackie. Of course that would make her upset! You cheated on her! And if you were my husband, you would be dead. No questions asked. So, if I were you, I would get your lazy self together, grab her some roses because she loves those and come to this house with a sorry note. You understand?" I screamed because my patience was getting low.

"You have anger issues and that's saying something coming from me. It was a simple misunderstanding. I care about my wife. You don't have to tell me what to do. I know what Jackie likes," he snapped back.

"If you care about her, act like it. And if you come here with some sorry excuse of an apology, you better believe, I'll convince Jackie not to come back home. By the way, you have to wait two weeks to say sorry. She needs a break from you," I said, keeping the wellbeing of my best friend in mind.

"I hate you," he growled.

"I hate you more," I replied back and I hanged up on him.
****
This chapter is not edited because I didn't have time to edit. Comment and vote. Comment on all the mistakes you see. Thank you! :-)

Sorry it took so long to update. I'm trying guys!

Love, China.