Chapter 12: Fight (Book 2)

Before we get started, shout out to the following people for showing their support for my story. I know I can't get everyone but I try to get the people who vote first. So generally about 10 people. So start voting. 🤗

-lyscece 16khana leonsylvia
andreawitmore MinuAugustine
kidrauhlObsessed
DavidJohnLensing

Also, I want to say thank you to everyone who had been being patient with me and waiting for me to update. It is so kind of you guys to be so patient with me and I couldn't ask for better readers. This year has been a long year and as a treat to you guys for waiting, I've decided to give you guys an update. I also want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there who celebrated. Comment 3 times this chapter or vote for a shout out in the next chapter.

Lorena Eliakim

Esther eventually came back and confirmed to me that Sahem-the head general- had been injured during a sword fight with one of his soldiers. I already knew this would be bound to happen but I was so shocked. I was immobile and I could not move. It seemed like my heart stopped for a moment and after an eternity I decided to fight. I had to. I had to fight for what I wanted and I wanted Sahem. It did not matter what the consequences were. I would face them later but for now I had to make sure Sahem was in good hands.

I jumped out of my bed and threw on a dress as fast as I could. I didn't bother to fetch my maid or tell Esther where I would be. I was tired of giving explanations when they got me nowhere.

I styled my hair in the most presentable way I could for a princess. However, at this moment, I did not care about how I looked or whether I was worthy of being called a princess. As I was about to leave my room, I heard a voice calling out to me.

"My Lady, I do not mean any disrespect towards you but to where are you going? Your mother has requested for your presence in exactly an hour," she informed me but I dismissed her.

"Tell her I will not be back until 1-2 weeks time. An emergency has come up. I have to go immediately, Esther. I'm sorry," I told her in a rush. I just wanted her to let me be but of course, you do not always get what you ask for.

"It is against protocol-"

I did not hear the rest of her sentence as I ran out of the room. As much as I appreciated Esther, I had bigger problems to attend to right now. If something happened to Sahem, I would never forgive myself. After all, the only reason why he was nearly dead was because of my father and his schemes. However, it this was not just my father's fault. It was also mine.

I let my emotions get the best of me. I let my heart lead me instead of my brain. I knew it was forbidden to see Sahem but yet I continued to be selfish and allow myself to see him even though I knew of the danger he'd be put in.

My father wouldn't stop fighting until he knew that Sahem was no longer breathing. So, I would do the decent thing and try to save his life. My mother had taught me some remedies when I was younger that could heal wounds. I would use that knowledge that I had to save him from dying. Then after that I would leave his life for good like I planned to. There would be no more excuses to stay with each other. I needed to keep him safe and myself safe.

I came back to my senses, taking a carriage to Assyria. Immediately when I entered the foreign land, people looked at me with disgust. I could hear their whispers.