Chapter 15: Loving Her (Book 2)

Hello everyone! I am currently back on my writing spree. I know I've been gone for some time but I plan to make all that up with some good spicy chapters.

I also want to thank my readers. You guys are awesome. I've been reading the demographics for this book and it says most of my readers are from North America and India. So, thank you to all my readers out there who continue to inspire me.

And for all my readers from India, I love your country. 😍

Sahem Awa

"Why can't you just tell me where she is? If you refuse, I will kill you right now! I have had enough of men ruining the way I live. You may have leverage over me but you will not throw my daughter into this mess. She will have a good life and do not worry about my husband. When the time is right, I will deal with him. But since you won't tell me where Lorena is, I will make your life a living hell. I'll torture you and then I will end your life myself and-"

"Please, don't make threats. I can explain. I promise I did not mean to cause your family so much trouble-"

"There is nothing left to explain! I have had enough of this foolishness," the queen interjected. "You either tell me where she is or suffer the consequences! I am queen and I will not be manipulated. You expect me to believe that all this time my daughter has been keeping secrets from me and running from my psychopath husband, it has been because of you? You of all people? Our enemy? The one who almost burned our city to the ground? No, you'll be sorry for what you've done. I do not blame my daughter. She's blinded by whatever infatuation she has for you but I will mend her heart. Once I put you in misery, I'll find my daughter and talk some since into her. Then I will kill you! Guards, cease him!"

"I'm only trying to help you!" I yelled, trying to convince the queen but it was too late. She really did stay true to her words and my five minutes were up. I have not said what she would have liked to hear. I was going to suffer for it. If I was going to die being tortured, at least I can know my intentions were good. Whatever it is that I will endure, it won't be the Queen's fault because all she wants to do is see her daughter. She looks at me as a threat to that goal.

I came back to reality as my head was bashed into the hard ground. Immediately, blood tricked down my forehead onto my nose. I tried to fight back with all the strength I had but with six guards holding me down, I was outnumbered. I knew that whatever I tried would fail. I was led into a dark dungeon that resembled a pitch black pit. I could barely see anything but one of the strongest of the guards held a fire to light up the atmosphere. 

The guards slammed me into a chair, chocking me with one hand and tying my hand up with the other. I struggled to be released from the strong grip of the skin-tearing ropes but it was useless and the more I fought, the more wounds appeared on my wrists. I saw the Queen ascend from the stairs with an angry look on her face.

"How does it feel to be powerless? Now, we will try this again. I am done talking nicely to you because my kindness seems to be taken as weakness. Where is my daughter? You either tell me or I rip out your insides with this," she held up a knife. "You can continue to test my patience and we can stay here all night, while I torture you until your breath leaves your body. Your choice."

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you. I promised to protect her and if I tell you, despite your good intentions, that will put her in extreme danger," I confidently tell her. She could not intimidate me as I had been tortured before. I was a warrior trained to fight. I had been abused by my father when I was younger because he wanted to drown every ounce of weakness from me. There was nothing she could do to me that I had not already experienced. I was just worried about Lorena and how damaged she would be to figure out her mother was capable of torture.