Chapter 24: She's Gone

So, hey guys! We haven't lost our rank. We are number 117 in teen fiction. This book is about to be over at about chapter 30. And then we're going to be starting the prequel of this book- Always in Love on this same book. So, all in all, we're almost halfway through the series. Once again, thanks for the support! Now, let's get into this chapter.
I would like at least 50 comments for this chapter. I want to know your opinion. So starting next chapter, I'm going to have a chapter goal for everyone to meet. This chapter I would like 200 reads, 20 votes and at least 50 comments.

Jackie Simmons

"So, have you been being a good wife lately and has Brad been treating you right?" My mother asked later on at the party she had invited us to.

Brad and I were at the party along with Mr. Rodriguez and my parents.

"Yes, he has. It's been lovely," I said, smiling sheepishly as I touched the necklace that Brad gave me. I do not know whether or not my husband feels the same way about our marriage but I do. It's been so nice to see us getting along for a good period of time.

"That's great. How's the company?" My mother questioned again.

"Well, it's been going good. But Brad has been stressed lately because the company has lost some deals. But that's nothing to worry about. There's plenty of room for other deals in the future," I stumbled over my words, feeling nervous. I already knew what my mother was going to say before she even said it.

"Have you been distracting him from his work lately? You see, this is why I say there is no time for love. His company is a very important part of his life and you should understand that," my mom scolded me.

"I know. But I'm not distracting him. I was just merely feeling something for once. Won't you ever allow me to be a normal teenage girl for once?" I cried out, feeling sad that my mother couldn't even understand some simple concepts of everyday life.

I had always been forced to grow up faster than other kids. Some people envy rich kids and some people want to be just like rich people because they think they are spoiled and have more than what they need. But those are just stereotypes. Growing up as a rich girl, I was not normal and everything was made a big deal. I could not even go to the park without my parents trying to follow me. Because of all this, I was a target of bullying in the neighborhood and lots of times, I was miserable.

Being rich is not all peaches and cream and it never will be.

"You're a woman now. Next year you'll be twenty and all of this love talk won't matter anymore. What'll matter is your companies and heirs for your business," she pointed out and I gave up trying to reason with her.

"Yes, Mother," I said, defeated.

Walking to the table, we prepared to eat a meal together. Mr. Rodriguez had been giving me the evil eye all night because of what happened a couple of weeks ago over the phone. But I refused to apologize because I had asked him something in a nice manner and he disrespected me. Thankfully, my mom did not know about the whole situation or I would be forced to apologize.

Sitting down at the table, we settled in and the cook came running in the dining room, trying to serve all of us at the table. Appreciating her efforts, I took out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to her.

"Thanks for your hard work," I said to the lady.

"You welcome, Madam," she said, timidly as if I was a really mean person ready to strike her.

"Oh," I laughed, "Just call me Jackie. No need for titles."

I was interrupted when my mother tapped my shoulder to stop me from conversation with the cook. I quickly mumbled a 'sorry' under my breath and the lady took off in a rush.