Chapter 17: The Plan (Book 2)

Hello everyone! I know it's been quite a while since I updated this book but I will be wrapping it up pretty soon. I'm thinking about ending the book at about 25 chapters. I know it's been hard to keep up with all the changes to this book but please, bare with me. I just had finals and it has been hard to keep up with updating. Thank you for understanding! Please excuse any mistakes. This is not edited.

Lorena Eliakim

It had been ages seen I had been in contact with Sahem. But we agreed that it would be best if we kept our distance for both our own safety and the safety of others who might just be in danger just for knowing what they do.

My father arrived back at the palace and my mother and I were already plotting what to do about his return. We knew we couldn't just let him get away with everything he has done which included trying to kill Sahem. However, we also knew that we couldn't assassinate him because that was considered treason and if we were caught, we would be killed. We came to the conclusion that we would have to drug him somehow- lure him in, get him drunk, and when he passed out, we could take the chance to lock him up in the dungeons. Then we could simply tell everyone that the king had mysteriously gone missing and no one would know what really happened.

It was a genius plan and no one would suspect that it was really his own wife and daughter who had kidnapped him.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard my servant, Esther, calling my name.

"My lady? Are you okay?" She asked, frantically.

"Yes, I am quite alright. I'll be out in just a minute," I said to her. I had gone to bathe and I wanted some privacy so I told her to leave but I never thought that she would worry so much. However, I've never wanted time away from her so that's probably why she was so worried. I always wanted her help and she was always happy to help me, and for that I considered her irreplaceable. I needed to thank her for all of her kindness one day, preferably before I carried out this wretched plan that was bound to land me in the dungeons.

'Lorena, stop being so pessimistic! Everything is going to go fine!' My mind taunted me.

When I finally had finished my bath, I walked out to find Esther pacing back and forth in my chambers.

"Esther," I laughed. "Everything is fine. I just needed some alone time. You don't have to worry about me all the time."

"My lady, if I may add-"

"You may," I grant her permission, as I smile at her.

"You have been acting strange these last couple of days. I thought you were beginning to catch a fever or something. Are you okay?" She asked, a frown slowly making its appearance on her face.

"Esther, really. I am more than fine. I've been feeling great and it's all because of you. Nothing is going on. I've just been in a reflective mood with all that's happened. Really, Esther, all is fine," I lied to her. I knew it was disrespectful to lie to her after all she had done for me. But she couldn't know about my plan and my mother made it clear that the less people who knew of our plan, the better. Not only that, if we were caught and something ended up happening to us, I wouldn't want Esther to be entangled in a crossfire. It was better that she remained ignorant to our plan.

"Not to be nosy, but I know what happened with your father and I know that recently, he has returned. I know that he was abusive towards you and I thought that you would be planning ways to leave the palace," she observed. She was so smart.

And she was right. Usually, I would be in a corner somewhere crying and planning a fortnight away from the palace. However, this time I had to take him down for good so I had to make it seem like I was fine and be a daunting little princess.