Chapter 14: Setting Things Right (Book 2)

Hey everyone! So, before we get started, I wanna give out some shout outs. This book has been blowing up with comments and votes everyday. So to honor that I'm going to tag the top five people who voted on my story in the past months.
RobSten139 Ashi345 Sanjurima2004 durojaiyeadedayo chiuska2000

If it wasn't for my readers, I wouldn't be nowhere near the writing stage that I'm at now so again, thank you.

I deeply apologize for the slow updates. There is a message at the end of the chapter explaining what's going on in my life and why the updates have been so slow. Please read that note but for now let's start the chapter. 😊

Lorena Eliakim

I've always had a good intuition when I was growing up. I had to, especially since I was a princess. My parents were important people and I had always been taught that I'd govern Judea someday. Because of this, my mother drilled into me the values of having a good intuition and knowing when to follow it.

I think this skill has become very useful to me in my life.

I'm drawn out my thoughts when I hear Sahem calling my name.

"Lorena!" He yells at me harshly.

"Yes?" I ask, very much startled.

"Are you even listening to what I just said? I'm leaving Egypt sometime this week and I'm going back to Assyria. But I want to make sure you're fine first. You look so drawn into your thoughts that it scares me," he expressed his concern. I find it adoring that he always seems to think of me before himself. He's going to fight a horrid war in his own country but yet he still thinks of me.

"I'll be fine," I calmly tell him. I cannot hold him back from what he is desperately trying to do. He has duties and responsibilities just like I had as a princess and he can't abandon them all for me.

"Are you sure? I can always stay longer. I know your father is probably on the lookout for you already," he said. "He probably is but that's no reason to hold you back from your work. You have a duty to your country and your father. Go, I will be fine. I need to learn to live my life freely and until I do so, I will never be completely fine. My intuition tells me you need to go back. They are in desperate need of your help- help that only you can offer them as their general," I tell him. As I mentioned before, my intuition is always right and I feel that more stronger than ever before. "I have a duty to you first, Lorena. And I promised to protect you," he whisphered to me in my ear while lightly kissing it.

"Love is powerful but loyalty is greater," I whispered back to him. His eyes widened and I know my words caused him to ponder on what was going on right now. That phrase was something my mother always recited to me to teach me the value of duty and fighting for what you believe in. I needed Sahem but his country needed him more. As much as it hurt me to watch him walk away, I knew that I had to let him do his job because he is a warrior.

"You are intelligent as much as you are beautiful," he complimented me.

"My, well, thank you," I replied while smiling at him and going back to what I was originally thinking about.

I knew what it was like to have a duty and just because I didn't have that now did not mean I would hinder Sahem or make life harder for him.

However, I knew exactly what he would do when he arrived back home. He would go talk to my father immediately and probably try to start a disagreement with my father. I know he was wrong for hitting me and being a bad father at the time when I needed him the most but Sahem confronting him would only make matters worse than they already were.