Epilogue (Book 2)

So, this is the final chapter of the book series. I have to say that I'm going to miss writing this adventure but I think it's time to put it to rest. 

Lorena Eliakim

Three Months Later 

Love is hard, love is complicated, love is everything. When I first fell in love with Sahem, my emotions were all over the place. But as I started falling in love with him, I realized different things about myself. I am a fighter, I am a lover, but most importantly, I am strong. I never gave up during this whole process of being a princess. 

One week after I heard back from Rashid (the Egyptian prince) he told me that his country would be glad to have me if I ever had to escape Judea. I was happy to hear the news but also very disappointed. I didn't want to go to Egypt. I never did. I always wanted to stay in Judea, in my own kingdom. But some things were necessary in life and this was one of those things. At that moment, I needed political support because of my current predicament at that time. I had to accept that. 

Sahem had wrote to me three days after Rashid, saying that he was officially home from the war. He stated that he received my letter that told him not to come see me. He was dying in anticipation to see me. He also was happy to let me know that his father was more than happy to welcome me into their palace if I planned on leaving my home. They understood and they were willing to protect the woman that had won the hearts of their prince. I cried while I was reading the letter. It reminded me that no matter how much trouble there is in life, there are always people who are there to give you a little bit of light at the end of the rainbow. 

Speaking of trouble, my father was still in the dungeons. We gave him food every day and paid the guards for their silence. However, much to my dismay, there were still people in the kingdom who were looking for him even though it had been months since he was last seen. In a couple of more days, my father would be declared dead and my mother would be crowned Judea's official leader and queen. It would seem that everything was right in the world again but it wasn't. As always, my problems weren't solved and there was still the issue of the entire country trying to marry me to someone else. 

So, one night, I escaped from Judea and never looked back. I went to Assyria and stayed in the palace with Sahem, as his father had previously suggested. I left my mother a note explaining that I loved her, I always would. But the life of being a princess was too much to bear. I just wanted to be together with Sahem after all those months of suffering. There was still a high award for finding me in Judea but I never returned there so no one ever found me. After that, Sahem and I chose a wedding date right away. It was in two weeks, a fortnight away. It would be officially a year since we met each other and we thought that would be the perfect time to get married. It showed just how dedicated we were to each other. 

And now, I was sitting in a room, watching as the servants prepared me for my engagement event. I was nervous, more than nervous. Sahem's father hated me up until about one month ago. Sahem told me not to worry but I still did. I wanted everything to be perfect, and most importantly, I wanted to stay in the good graces of my betrothed's father. 

Esther came from Judea to help me get ready for this big day. My mother had let her come visit me when she heard I was getting married. Even though she couldn't come to my engagement, she still wanted me to feel love and support. She knew that Esther and I were close so she sent her. I felt the love from my mother now more than ever. No matter what, I would always love my mother. She had taught me so much and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be the strong person that I am today. 

"Esther, can I ask you something?" I inquired. 

"What is it, my child?" She smiled, before continuing, "No frowns today. I want to see all of your big, beautiful smiles. You are getting married in just two weeks."

"No, I'm happy, Esther. Very happy. This is the most happy that I've been in months. But do you think it was right for me to leave my mother? Do you think I was selfish for loving Sahem too much?" I asked. My mother and I always dealt with our problems together and maybe, just maybe, I was too eager to leave her. She was going through a lot of pain after we had to take down my father. I don't want to look back on this day as a day of regret. I want to be happy about what I decided, and that is why I asked Esther for her opinion. She was always a wise lady, and she wouldn't lie to me. 

"Honestly?" Esther expressed, waving her hands around in the air. "I think you did the right thing. Princess Lorena, you are so caring and selfless. You always cared about the well-being of others before your own. I think your mother is a nice person but I think she always took advantage of that side of you. I think you should be happy. Love is something spectacular, life changing. You found that with Sahem. He is a good man, and he would do anything for you just as you would do anything for him. I don't think you should let that be disrupted by the guilt you have over leaving your mother. Loving someone is about giving your all to them, standing by them when it's right. You were doing that with Sahem. Your mother should understand that. So no, I don't think you made the wrong decision. You did what was right and you should never be ashamed of that."

"You think so?" 

"I know so," Esther grinned. She warmed my heart with her compassion and she was right, I had to stop overthinking everything and learn how to live for myself without feeling bad about that. 

I smiled, walking out of the room to go meet Sahem before the engagement event. 

Sahem laughed, seeing me sprint toward him in full speed. 

"You look beautiful!" He exclaimed, patting my hair down with his hand. "You look like an angel, princess."

"Thank you, you look very handsome," I said, grabbing his face in between my hands. 

"My, well thank you, Princess," he said, while bowing sarcastically. I laughed, covering my face with my hands. 

"I love you," I admitted. That was a fact. At the end of the day, I loved him and that would always be true. No matter what happened, he would always hold a special place in my heart. 

"And I love you too," he responded. "Let me tell you about the wedding plans. They are so nice and everything is just how we wanted it..."

His voice trailed off in my head as I stared at him. He was an amazing man. He was humble and pure. When I first met him, I was in bondage. I was bird in a cage waiting to be let free. But falling in love with him helped me learn what it means to be free, what it means to love someone without having regrets, and what it means to truly stand up for what you believe in. I know now that being in love with someone entitles being able to do all of that. Everyone tried to keep me from Sahem. They thought everything bad about him but at the end of the day, I recognized that no one can ever understand the art of love unless they have been in love. I've been in love, I am in love, and I'll always be in love because loving Sahem is everlasting, forever. Sahem and I will be always in love. 

My name is Lorena Eliakim and this is my life of suffering and love. But mostly love. 

THE END

So, that is the end of the book. Vote and comment pretty please. Also, if you need something else to read, my new story His Undoing is being updated also. I love you guys very much and I just want to say thank you to everyone who supported me even though I was struggling with staying on top of this story. We just hit 250k about three weeks ago. Thank you very much! That will forever stay with me. 

Also, I want to talk about the recent things in the world that have been going on. In America, there are lots of protests taking place to promote the fair and just treatment of African-Americans. This is known as the Black Lives Matter movement. I want to say that I support each and every peaceful protest because I am a African-American myself who can relate to the ongoing struggle that we face. We stand together, and we will always be stronger together, not apart. I also want to say that if anyone, from any race, African- American or not, needs someone to talk to, I am always avaliable through direct message here on Wattpad, my Instagram, or Facebook. I will drop my socials below. Stay safe and healthy! :)

Instagram: china.zucchero

Facebook: China Ellis

Love, China.