Epilogue

So!!! We are finally at the epilogue and not only that, we are #98 in teen fiction! What a blessing! Don't forget that the prequel WILL begin right after this epilogue. So when you finish reading this, swipe to view the new part which will be labeled as 'Overview.'

Jackie Simmons

Six Months Later

Life is a struggle, a ongoing struggle but there is almost no greater pain in life than being pregnant and near your due date.

I was frightened- scared even and my stomach was huge and I mean, very huge. It got to the point where the doctors had suggested that I take it easy and with three babies kicking at my stomach, the pain was almost unbearable.

Brad had to help me out of the bed some days and the times where I used to take care of Brad was gone because I was almost too pregnant to do anything and walking was just as much of a struggle for me.

As I stood at the door of my room, I prepared to leave home for college. About three months ago, Brad had figured out that before I got married off to him, I was going to attend Yale University. He felt so bad for me that he decided to call up to Yale himself and make a request for me to go to college. He even asked why they never got back to me on my former application. Turns out, that my parents had cancelled my applications but they were happy to make a second look at my application and high school records and they thought I was brilliant so they gave me a spot in their college.

My husband was very disappointed when he found out I missed out on my education to marry him. He supported me in everything I did in school. It was miraculous that the partly selfish and nonchalant man that I knew a couple of months ago was gone- you could even go as far as saying the old Brad had sort of vanished. It was like he had just came to some kind of realization about us in a short period of time.

This caused me to be so grateful and thankful about all of his efforts and even though I was pregnant, I did not want to waste any moment of Brad's kindness. So I decided to take advantage of all the opportunities Brad had set up for me.

Arriving at Yale was quite an experience. I had been going for about a month now and sometimes I still couldn't believe that I was actually attending Yale. I mean, yeah, I might be rich but Yale is a lifetime opportunity, even for rich folks.

It was around 12 'o' clock pm when I arrived in my Psychology class. I had decided to go to school for psychology and learn more about the human brain. The major had really impressed me and fascinated me at its indebt detail. So I wanted to take it from the moment I read about what we would be doing in the class.

Our professor was Mr. Guadalupe. He was an Venezuelan man in his late sixties who had a very low tolerance for foolishness. With a beard growing down his chin to his chest and glasses hanging over his eyes, the man knew when he saw crappy work. He had even gotten to the point of putting zeroes on the papers of  students, with no regard of anger from the students. He was very high in his expectations and the man would always be like that.

You had to be in his class at exactly 12 noon or else, his door would be shut and if you dared to open his door while he was speaking, there would be pure hell to pay. He was not a mean professor but he was just impatient and not over tolerant with nonsense behavior.

It was a miracle that I had even survived a day in his class because I was always late for everything but so far, I had been doing lovely at keeping up with his schedule and not being late, which was good to a certain point but then again, it was also scary. But then again, who wasn't scared of Mr. Guadalupe?

Overall, there was a lot of things to look forward to. But Mr. Guadalupe was not one of them.

I breathed heavily as I sat down in Mr. Guadalupe's class, taking out a notebook and a pencil. There was not really  a lot of pens in my pouch so I settled for a pencil, even though it would probably break again later.