Chatroom Surprise

It was a Friday evening and you had just finished your meal. You went to the computer and quickly checked the chatroom icon on your screen. Darn it, no notification yet. He promised he would message me.

For almost a year you have been dating Mark, and last week he had gone to VidCon with his friends. You couldn't go because you had to study for the upcoming major exam at your university. You really missed him and was waiting for him to message you in the chatroom.

Suddenly, a loud PING sound comes from your computer. You rush over from washing the dishes and click the icon. His message reads: "Hi, (y/n). Hope ur available now. I'm having such a great time with my friends and I really miss you. Can we have a video call?"

At this moment you were blushing like an utter fool. If only he saw me now, he would tease me about my rosy cheeks.

You replied: "I miss you too. If you're not too busy, we can video call now."
You went back to finish washing the dishes. Soon, the call notification rang and you answered his call. His handsome face came on screen and you smiled with joy.

"Hey, how's it going, (y/n)? What are you doing?" He raises his eyebrows cheekily. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking bout you." You give him a playful smirk. "How's Chica doing? I hope she doesn't miss me too much."

"She's fine. I took her for a walk this morning at the park and we saw some other cute doggies too. Do you wanna see her? Say hi Chica." You move the laptop camera over to where Chica is laying on the floor. Chica looks up and wags her tail continuously. Mark gives a satisfactory smile.

"(Y/n), so, um, I wanna give you a surprise. I want you to turn around at the count of 3." You looked at him puzzled. "This isn't some trick is it?"
"No, I'm being serious," Mark whispers. "OK, just close your eyes and listen to my voice. At number 3, I want you to turn around."
You trust what he says and close your eyes, nervous at what might happen.

"1..." He starts the countdown.
"2..." My heart starts beating faster.
"3!" You open your eyes and turn to see Mark standing at the open doorway with bags in hand.

"Mark!" you shouted and ran over to him. He dropped his bags to the floor and you both hugged each other tightly. Chica also came close to join in the group hug.

"When did you come back?" you asked. Mark replied, "Well, the event ended earlier than expected and I couldn't stay long without thinking of my best girl."

"I love you so much." You kiss him passionately on his soft lips like it was your very first and last one.
"I love you too, (y/n)."

---

{A/N: Thanks for reading my short story. I hope you enjoyed it. ;)) }