Moving On (Pt. 2)

Mel: how's your day going?

My friend texted me after I came back from my walk with Kade. I picked up my phone and replied back.

(Y/n): not so great. My dog kinda jumped onto this guy at the park and now I have to treat him to a movie.

Mel: what?😱 Is it a cute guy? Did u get his number? Is it a date?

I knew she would bring up all these questions. She was always curious about other people's love life.

(Y/n): its nothing like that. At least he's not gonna sue me or anything...I wouldn't have enough money to pay for it

Mel: but its still a date right? Now's your chance to go get some!

I sigh and almost put my phone down. Is she right that I should move on so quickly after a breakup? I wasn't sure what to make of it. I answered back.

(Y/n): I just recently broke up with my ex. Do u really think getting out there will fill the empty hole inside? Anyway we exchanged numbers earlier so we know when the other is free.

Mel: that's great! Make sure u dress up nice for the date 😜

(Y/n): okay see u at work tomorrow😝

Once I put my phone down I went to take a long shower.

-A week later-

Mark had texted me yesterday saying he was free to go out. I had almost forgotten all about it after the busy week that I had. I put on a simple dark blue dress on with my stilettos. I also curled my (y/h/c) hair to make it a little more stylish. After applying on makeup, I took a taxi to the theatre.

I didn't really know much about the movies that were showing so I let Mark decide which one we should see. He was already waiting there when I arrived. He was wearing a black jacket over a grey shirt and skinny jeans reaching over to his black converse.

"Thought you weren't going to show up, but I'm glad that you did. You look beautiful by the way," he smiled at me. He showed me the two tickets in his hand and held his other hand up for me to take.

"I also bought the tickets earlier just in case we were going to be late for the showing. You owe me."

I took his hand in mine, and it felt surprisingly cold. Maybe he was waiting outside in the cold weather longer than I expected. I held onto him and we both headed inside.

I bought some popcorns and drinks and we took our seats inside. As I sat down he asked, "You feeling okay? You haven't said a word to me."

"I'm fine. Lets just watch the movie." It started playing as soon as I turned to the screen. Mark leaned back in his seat, occasionally glancing at me like I might explode any minute.

After awhile into the movie, an emotional scene came up. I began to tear up and started wiping my eyes with my sleeves.

Mark reached over and cup my face in his hands. He leaned in close and said in a gentle voice, "Don't cry."

He pressed his lips against mine. I wanted to push him away but I didn't. I haven't been kissed like that in awhile and missed feeling it since my last breakup.

When we finally stopped, I looked into his eyes. He looked so calm and comforting even when my face was wet with tears. Those comforting eyes reminded me of my ex-boyfriend and how my previous relationship ended badly.

"I was stupid to even agree to this." I got up from my seat and stormed out of the theatre.

"Hey, hey! Wait, where are you going?" He rushed after me.

"I'm going back home. I don't think I can do this."

"Was it something I said?" he asked, keeping pace beside me.

I turned to him and said, "It's not you. I just...I don't know."

"Feel like you can't move on to someone new? I know the feeling."

I was dumbfounded. "How did you-"

"Everyone has relations with other people you know," he smirked for a small moment. It faded away as soon as it appeared. "I had a girlfriend for awhile. Didn't work out between us,  but I still love her so much. I was in a low place after the breakup and didn't really know if I could ever move on from her."

He paused awhile, looking at me for a reaction. "Eventually, my friends helped me through it and I slowly, very slowly got over her. We're still in touch even if we broke off. And we are still friends after all we'd been through. Maybe you should slowly move on as well."

What Mark said was true, my life shouldn't just consist of just mourning a broken relationship. Instead learning to grow and find someone who will treat me better. I wrapped my arms around his torso with a tight hug. Tears started streaming down my face once again.

"Thank you."

He petted my head and gave comforting rubs on my back. "It's going to be okay, (y/n). You don't have to cry like that. I'm here for-"

I cupped my fingers round his neck and kissed him on his soft lips. It was rather aggressive but I didn't care. His muscles tensed a little then relaxed. I felt his hand slowly move down to my ass and pulled me closer to his body. We slowly pulled away, panting for air.

"I'm sorry. That was uncalled for," I chuckled. Then I asked him suddenly, "Were you waiting long outside earlier? Your hands felt cold when I held them."

Mark looked like he didn't want to admit it but he said, "Yeah...I guess I was over enthusiastic about the movie that I didn't really care for myself first. Anyway, lets go back inside. You don't want to waste your money on a movie and not see it."

He grabbed my hand and led me back to the hall. This time, his hands felt warm to the touch.

---

{A/N: here u go guys sorry for the long wait 😬 thinking for this story made my head spin but it was worth it...I hope you all enjoyed this part and thank you so much for reading this book! All the support is much appreciated...stay tuned for more fluffy stories/ angst?}