Hugs & Kisses

{A/N: decided to change it up a little by putting it in Mark's POV so enjoy :) }

Mark's POV

The school bell had finally rung, signaling the end of class. The hall started filling up with junior and senior students. Everyone went out of their classes to their respective lockers. Students leisurely walked to the cafeteria while others were getting to their next class. Wade was walking next to me since our lockers were right next to each other (how convenient right?).

He was going on about next weeks pop quiz and also the school's decision to build a bigger gymnasium. "I don't see why they have to make it any bigger. We already have plenty of space to get tired and pass out from exhaustion. Even though our school's track team are entering state competitions, it's not like we are getting gold medals for it." 

I wasn't really paying much attention to what he said as I was too busy thinking about how to earn the extra money for college. Since my dad became sick, all the money would go to his medical bills. I was suddenly jolted back to reality when Wade shook my shoulder. "Mark, looks like your locker was vandalized." 

I looked, and to my surprise it kind of was. Lots and lots of heart shaped papers covered the front of my locker. Some were red in colour, some in pink and purple. I just stood there, not sure what to make of it.

"What the-?!" I swore. Wade walked up to it, examining the colourful array of hearts. He picked out a red colour heart and turned it, looking at the back of the paper.

"Woah, come check this out," Wade gestured. I leaned in close to see the writing. This one had a quote from a movie I used to watch. I checked the other heart-shaped notes. More were written quotes while others had cute emoji faces with heart eyes.

Wade looked at me, raising both his eyebrows. "What does this mean?" I clicked the combinations into the lock and slowly opened it. I didn't know what to expect from opening my locker after it being stuck on with a bunch of heart-shaped sticky notes.

It could've been a prank, where someone puts dirty underwear or even a dead rat inside, but maybe I'm being too morbid. Anyway, Wade and I looked inside to see a box that was tied with a neat ribbon, on top lies a folded card with a (preferred flower). Taking the folded card, I read the cursive letters printed there.

Enjoy the kisses. XOXO - (first letter of readers name)

I looked at it, more confused than before. Wade had taken the box and opened it up. Inside was a bunch of Hershey's Kisses chocolates. "Guess you got a secret admirer, bro." He took one and started unwrapping it. I snatched it from his hand before he could put it into his mouth. "S-shut up, Wade." I turned away from him, my face feeling hotter by the second. I shoved the chocolate into my mouth without thinking.

"Hmm, tastes pretty good," I said to myself, half amused.

"Aww, I wanted to try one," Wade said, pouting. "Why didn't I get an anonymous Valentine's Day gift?" The next bell for class rang. "Come on, let's get to class." He handed the box to me and went to get his books. I quickly got my textbooks and followed Wade to the next class. I still had the box in my hand, so I put it into my bag to save it for later. 

The school was having a 'Secret Valentine' service where you could buy a pack of cookies or a bunch of flowers for your crush and they'll give it to the recipient. But the gift that I got was different than that. Why not just buy that one since its anonymous either way? And who would want to give me chocolates and stick heart shapes onto my locker? I was just some nerdy kid, trying to get through school and maybe get an engineering degree when I go to college. Who would actually like me?

I tried to push those thoughts aside once I got to class. Classes slowly droned on and my mind went back to the card and the name of the person who sent it. (First letter of readers name). I could've sworn I have seen it before. I'll have to look up for that name, anywhere that might have answers. But it might be difficult to find since it could be any of the girls or guys in the school.

Then I noticed someone at the front of the class glancing at me. Her (e/c) eyes were glaring daggers at me like I threw a paper plane at her. It was (y/n), my friend that I liked to hang out with a lot. But recently, she's been acting strangely and not talking to me. I tried a polite smile at her but she quickly turned back to face the teacher.

When the class was dismissed, (y/n) grabbed her backpack and almost ran out of the classroom, her (h/c) hair flowing behind her. I got my things and quickly caught up to her. "Hey, um, (y/n), wait!" I could tell she was rolling her eyes as she slowed down.

"What do you want?" she said, trying not to make eye contact with me. I waited for some people to walk by us through the hallway before I said, "I saw you glancing at me in class..."

"So? It's not illegal to look in your direction," she snapped.

"Do you not like me anymore?"

She was stunned at my question. "It's not that..." she muttered.

"Was it something I did?"

"No..." she shied away further.

"Then why did you start ignoring me in the first place?" My voice raised a little higher.

"Because I-" (y/n) stopped herself before she said any further. I noticed her lip quivering and put my hand on her shoulder. "Because...?" 

"I...like you." Silence fell before she gave out a sigh, "I was the one who...put the notes and chocolates in your locker." I was surprised by her statement. Was that why she acted so weird?

"After I put it there, I instantly regretted it and wanted to take it back but you had already found it."

"You...like me?" 

"Yes," she blushed. "Happy Valentine's Day...? Look, I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid that it might ruin our relationship. Damnit, why was I stupid enough to do such a thing?"

"You like me," I said again.

"Yeah. You know, I know, the whole world knows!" she gestured.

"...Actually, I like you too, for quite awhile."

Her eyes widened with surprise. "You could have told me." She punched me in the arm. "Now we both look stupid."

I gave her a chuckle. "Yeah, we do. But now that we...got our feelings out..." I leaned in to kiss her. I was afraid (y/n) wouldn't kiss me back, but she did.

Pulling her close, I locked her in a gentle embrace. When our lips met each other, my mind went blank, my legs almost buckled underneath me. Her scent took me all the way to cloud 9. It was a high I didn't want to come down from.

We finally pulled away for breath. I whimpered at the loss of her touch. She was blushing, and I was totally gonna tease her about that later. (Y/n) pushed her hair behind her ears and asked, "So...you wanna hang out later?"

"Of course, (y/n). Anytime, anywhere."

---

{A/N: hey everyone! Happy Valentine's Day!! -yes I'm late due to my phone dying and literally forgot about this- Hope u enjoyed this chapter and you are not feeling too lonely...anyway Wattpad recently updated its style and look on the mobile app and I don't like it at all... Some of you might be gone due to this so I'm going to stop posting after the next chapter... Don't be too sad about it... Might write more for a different story on a another platform
Anyway hope u all have a great day and see u in the next one! }