Accidents Happen

I was cooped up in my apartment with not much to do. I walked to the kitchen and opened my fridge. It was almost empty, with only a carton of milk, an egg and some leftovers that might have been there for awhile. I decided to head out and buy some healthy food and some snacks to treat myself. I drove to the supermarket and went around putting items into the cart. The store was having a sale on clothes so I bought those too.

After shopping for almost 3 hours, I went to put my things in the car. Out of nowhere, a car backed out onto me, knocking me to the ground. The bags of groceries lying next to me. My head began spinning from the sudden trauma to the head. My vision became blurry as well. I looked up to see a man with a pink moustache above his lips. "Oh, no. Not again," he said, looking down at me.

He took out his phone and dialed in a number. "911, what's your emergency?" came a women's voice. "I might have ran over someone..." he trailed off. I groaned and slowly got up, but my head felt like it was gonna split from the effort. I brushed my finger against my head and found blood flowing along my fingertips.

"May I know you name, sir?" came the voice from his phone. He began looking around, like he just stolen something and didn't want to get caught. "The cops aren't gonna catch me this time," he muttered. He dropped the phone and ran away.

"Hello? Hello? Sir?"

I slowly crawled over to the phone, earning scratches on my arms from the rough ground. I grabbed the phone and said, "H-help, please..."

The voice said firmly, "Tell me where's your location."

"Dellwyn Market..." I dropped the phone and was unconscious on the ground. I had the vague feeling of being lifted up and the sounds of sirens in the distance.

Next thing I knew, I was in a hospital bed. A bandage wrapped around my head. My fingers felt numb and distant. I slowly blinked, taking in my surroundings. There was a man sitting in a chair at the edge of my bed, looking a little worried. He didn't look at all like anyone I knew. "H-hey..." I croaked.

He looked up and walked over to me. "You're awake." I nodded but my head stung from it, making me wince. "Who...who are you?" I asked.

He gave a sheepish smile and said, "Oh, sorry. Forgot to introduce myself. My name is Markiplier. Most people just call me Mark. Here have some water, you must be thirsty." He handed me a glass of water from the table.

I drank small sips from the cup. He was a total stranger after all. But what is he doing here? I looked out to the door to call for a nurse. "Do you need anything? I can help you call for the doctor."

Before I could answer he dashed out the door. A few minutes later, he came back with a doctor. "Ah, the young lady is finally awake." He grabbed the clipboard hanging from my bed. "You suffered a mild concussion but nothing too serious. Anyway, we're going to diagnose you by asking a few questions. How did you get your concussion?" All that came out of the doctor's mouth was slowly being processed in my head. Mark stood at the doorway, silently watching us.

"Um, I was getting my groceries to my car and then this car hit me. A guy came out and called someone...that's all I can recall."

The doctor said in a gentle voice, "That's fine. Now, do you remember your name?"

"I'm (y/n)." At least my memory was working fine. "Where do you live?"

"I live on (house street). It's a few minutes away from a park."

He asked a few more questions, and I answered each one as best I could. After scribbling on the clipboard, he turned to me and said, "We'll continue to keep an eye on you for today, and by tomorrow you can go back home. If you still have a headache, contact the nearest doctor. I suggest that you call a friend to take you home then."

I nodded and he walked out of the room, leaving me with Mark. I don't know why he was still here waiting for me, so I asked him.

"Oh, yes. I guess I should explain myself. When I exited the market, I saw you lying on the ground with a gash on your head. Since you described your situation, I finally understand what happened. The paramedics arrived soon after I saw you. Your groceries were lying on the floor, and there was no one else around to take care of it, so I helped pick it up and hold onto it for you. It's still in my car."

It was really nice for a stranger like him to help me. "Thank you," I said, smiling. "You know, you don't have to wait for me here. I would hate for you to waste your time on me."

"I guess I should get the chores done back at my house. I could come pick you up tomorrow, if you like," he suggested. I thought for a moment. My family was busy in another state and I didn't want to trouble them. My friends however might be too busy to send me home.

After that few silent seconds, I replied, "Okay, wouldn't be so bad to get a free ride," I gave him a soft smile.

"See you in the morning," Mark said as he left. I laid back onto my bed and fell asleep.

The next day, Mark and a nurse helped me stand on my own two feet. Gathering some of my belongings, we headed to the entrance. I was handed the bill for my injuries but I didn't want to look at it for it might cause my head to spin again. Once outside, he helped me into the car.

"You sure you know how to get there?" I asked.

"Shouldn't be much trouble. By the way, I already placed your groceries in your apartment," he said casually.

"Wait, wait, you what?!" I exclaimed. "How did you find it and get in?"

"(Y/n), you told the doctor where you lived, so it wasn't too hard to find. That was the only apartment building on that street. I asked the doorman where you stayed and easily found the key in the potted plant at your door," he shrugged. I was astounded by his explanation.

"You could be a private detective, you know that? Like Sherlock Holmes or something," I complimented.

Mark smiled to himself and started the engine. Once we got there, I opened the door and kissed him on the cheek. His face slowly turned light pink.

"Thanks for the ride." I got out of the car. Mark rolled down his window and asked, "Will I see you again?"

With a smile on my face, I turned to him and said "You know where to find me." I turned back toward my apartment, my heart pounding in my chest, wanting some much to look back.

---

{A/N: hey everyone im back!! Miss me? Heheh sorry for the month long hiatus...finally got time to write markiplier fics :) anyway hope u all enjoyed this one, if u guys have any plot suggestions u can message me, I'll try my best to do it... Thanks and I'll see u in the next one 👋}