Don't Rage

I was feeling bored and restless after finishing my house chores. Since we had a whole summer break off from school, I decided to invite Mark over to my house for a little game. Around noon, he arrived at my house in his red flannel shirt and jeans.

"Do you seriously wear that all the time?" I pointed at his shirt, giving him my best sarcastic face.

"What? You don't like it?" He gives me his sad puppy eyes and pouts. "You know it's my favourite and also lucky flannel."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Come on in." I start up my Wii console and clicked on the game Super Smash Bros Brawl. It was one of my favourite multiplayer games. I always played with my friends whenever they came over. He sat next to me on the couch looking at the screen.

"You really want to play this?"

"Why? Do you not like this game?" I asked.

"No," Mark said. "I'm just concerned that you'll lose terribly to my amazing battle skills."

"Hah! Not once I beat your ass first. Why not we make a deal? First one to die in the game has to buy the opponent ice cream, even if the AI was the one who killed them."

"And if the person wins first place?" Mark asked. I thought for a moment.

"What about we figure out a punishment for the person who loses after we finish the game?"

He held out his hand. "Deal!" I shook on it.

We stared the TV screen and typed in our names. Since it was the latest version I could get, there were so many characters to choose from. I eventually chose Kirby while Mark chose Mario. I selected Link and Princess Peach as the extra characters controlled by the game.

I picked a random map and selected the difficulty. "Lets go for hard mode and see if we can survive," I said.

Mark gave me the 'alright if you say so' look. I pressed OK and started the battle. 3...2...1...GO!

We started furiously smashing our controller's buttons. I hit a jump-kick move but missed entirely. Mario dodged to the side and punched Kirby, causing me to fall off the platform. "Damnit!" I yelled.

I managed to recover by mashing the jump button until I grabbed onto the platform and continued the fight. The AI was causing a fuss by punching and jumping and dodging all over the map. I fought against Princess Peach, using my special skill to throw her off the map. While I was doing that, Mark was busy punching Link in the face. Link countered with several sword attacks and special skills. He gave several grunts of frustration as he fought.

Soon, a large box landed on the platform. I moved to grab it but Mark got there first and used the item against my character. "You're going down, (y/n)!"

I sustained much damage but somehow haven't died yet. I used my special skill again and knocked him off the platform.

He managed to come back but the AI controlled Princess punched him off again.

"Aaaahhh f***ing why?!" he yelled. "FUUuuuuudge you, princess. I'm not gonna save you from Bowser again."

I stifled my laugh, not wanting to lose concentration from the game lest I lose. My character was hitting a lot of crit moves on Link. I pushed my final move and KO'd Link. There were 3 players left. The intensity of the game just went beyond Hunger Games level. We continued punching, kicking and jumping from platform to platform.

Princess Peach got knocked out and now two were left, just me and Mark, battling for 1st place. I jumped to the next platform to avoid his attack. He jumped after me and tried to use his combo but I got there faster and mashed my ultimate combo. With bright lights flashing across the screen, the opponents character was annihilated. I won first place!

"Nooooo! I was close to winning! This gosh frickin fracka game. I'm blaming the controller and the stupid AI," he said with slight sarcasm.

"Aww, don't worry Mark." I smirked, patting him on the back.

"I won't be giving you any punishments, but I do want some ice cream though. And you are going to treat me to some." Mark looked defeated but I managed to drag him outside to the nearest ice cream store.

"Two ice creams please," I said to the man. I picked vanilla flavour while Mark picked the chocolate flavoured one. We both ate it happily.

"You know what? This has been a really fun day for me. I got to play my favourite video game, won against you and was rewarded with ice cream."

"(Y/n), you're forgetting one thing though," Mark said.

"Hmm?" I didn't forget anything, did I?

"You got to spend time with me." He smiled. I smiled back and gave him a peck on the cheek. Mark blushed as I pulled away.

"There's more of that if you can beat me at the game."

"You're on, (y/n)."

---

{A/N: hi everyone thanks so much for reading my stories. Im so glad ppl love these even tho its cheesy heheh. If u guys manage to spot any references write it down in the comments ;) anyway more to come...hope u all enjoyed}