Disneyland

The feeling of giddiness and euphoria had never been this high in my life. Mark and I were headed to Disneyland. The epitome of one's childhood dream. The last time I went there, I was a small kid at the age of 7, riding on the top of my father's shoulders. It had been a long while since I've been here and couldn't remember much of what I did then. Coming back to this place might bring back some nostalgia and old memories.

We bought the tickets and went through the front gates. First, we spotted Mickey and Minnie Mouse. They were taking pictures with families, most were lining up with their kids to get a photo with them. I had the vague memory of hugging Mickey and other mascots in the park. I think I had a picture with Snow White once. I should remember to check my family album whenever I get the chance.

We continued walking into the enormous amusement park. We took several pictures with the Disney statue in front of the castle and other attractions in the park. Mark and I walked into one of the many souvenir shops. There were many Disney merchandises in there such as keychains, magnets, toys, mugs and more. I spotted a Mickey Mouse hat that looked really cool. I grabbed one and put it on his head.

"Huh, what's this?" He looked in the mirror and saw the hat.

"You look so cute in that!" Before he could comment on it, I took it from his head and paid for it at the counter. When we exited the crowded shop, I put the Mickey hat onto his head. "Let me snap a quick pic of you in the hat. I wanna post it on Instagram."

He posed in front of the stands selling delicious smelling treats and made his best duckface. I chuckled as I took the picture. Showing it to him, he said, "That is one handsome son of a bitch right there." 

"Hey, there are kids around that might hear you," I muttered to him.

Then, we went to line up for the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster. While waiting in line, Mark noticed I was acting nervous. "Um, you alright, (y/n)? The ride isn't that scary. I've tried it before." 

"I'm always nervous about these kinds of things, that's all." I didn't want him to worry about me so much and let him have some fun. Also, it was actually my first time riding one of these since my family didn't get to cover all the rides at the park the last time. When we reached the end of the line, Mark held my hand and helped me into the car.

The ride slowly lurched forward, going up the tracks. It went upwards, slowing at the peak, then dropping fast. My gut felt like it was floating towards my beating heart. The wind rushing at my face made my eyes water. Screams of everyone, including me, filled the air as the car twisted and turned to the shape of the track. Adrenaline was rushing through me and I began to enjoy it. Before I knew it, the ride slowed to a crawl, we finally arrive at the end of the ride. When I got off the ride, I felt a sense of relief walking on the solid ground. 

"Wow, that was fun wasn't it? Let's go for another one," Mark said enthusiastically.  Although the ride was exhilarating, I didn't know if I could stomach another round. I faked a smile and said, "Yeah, sure. Can't wait."

Next, we went for the Space Mountain ride, which was probably scarier than the previous one. Even though I had just ridden a roller coaster, I still felt rather nervous about it. Once we were seated in the car, it slowly moved into a very dark tunnel with dim lights.

It turned pitch black as we went deeper. I couldn't see anyone around me, not even Mark or the hands in front of me. I felt Mark next to me and held onto his hand and on the safety bar tightly. He squeezed my hand, assuring me that everything was gonna be fine.

The ride moved forward at a fast speed, twisting and turning like a coaster but I couldn't see much of what was in front of me. Just as soon as it started, we were at the end. I still held onto Mark even though we were off the ride, I didn't want to let go. Mark didn't object and settled his arms around my shoulder, comforting me.

Both of us went to enjoy the other attractions. We stayed until evening to wait for the nighttime spectaculars. While waiting, we bought some really tasty snacks to fill our hungry bellies. Soon, the whistle of fireworks being shot into the air and exploding with a loud bang filled the night sky. 

"It's so beautiful!" Watching the display of colourful fireworks explode was so amazing.

"Just like you are right now," Mark said. I looked at him, a smile on his face. The light from the fireworks illuminating the sky and our faces. The feeling of wanting to melt right there and then was overwhelming. I bumped his shoulder back. "No,  you are." We both started laughing with joy.

After the firework display, we went home. Mark and I thoroughly enjoyed our time there. It was truly a magical place.

---

{A/N: heya everyone! Hope this story wasn't too rushed coz i had no idea what to add to it so Disney is pretty cool yea? Pls don't sue me...Couldn't think of any other theme park 🙈 plus the picture is 😍👌...i have no idea why im using emojis...anyway hope u all enjoyed this story! Thanks for the support on this book :) }