Fantasy Express

I slowly got up from my chair, to the kitchen. Walking to the fridge, I opened it and brought out a soda. "Hey, babe. You want anything from the fridge?"

Mark answered back saying, "Get me the iced coffee on the top shelf and come join me on the couch."

I grabbed it and made my way to him. He was flipping through some channels on the TV, wondering what to watch. Handing him the coffee, I asked, "Why don't we binge watch Black Mirror on Netflix?"

"Thanks, (y/n)." Mark takes a sip of the cold coffee and exhales. He looks to me doubtfully. "You want to binge Black Mirror?"

"Yes, I haven't caught up with the new season yet."

"What about the new Blade Runner movie? I hear its pretty good." I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever suits you," I said, then took a sip of my drink.

Mark goes through the menu and chooses the movie. I cuddle up next to him once it starts playing. A couple of minutes through it, my phone on the table starts buzzing. I reach over to pick it up and looked at the screen.

It's a notification from my friend. I quickly type a reply back and put the phone down to watch the movie. Few minutes after that I picked up my phone again from another notification. This time I didn't put it down. The movie got less interesting for me and I became concentrated on my phone. I leaned away from Mark who was still watching the movie.

Texting my friend was just the beginning. I went to another app on my phone and didn't pay attention to the words and sounds around me.

Several minutes pass when Mark looks to me, realising I was on my phone for most of the movie. "(Y/n), watcha doin?" he asked, curious.

I don't respond to him, continuing to stare at my screen. He leans over to see my phone but I pull it away.

"Hello? Earth to (y/n). You listening to me?" He waves his hand in front of my face.

"Huh...Its nothing important..." I say shyly.

Mark gives me the 'I-don't-believe-you' face. "It's gotta be more important since you were looking at it for half the movie. Come, lemme see." He playfully tries to reach for it but I shove it behind my back. "Hey, don't take my phone."

"M'kay, alright..." He slowly backs away. Suddenly, he pulls a 180° and grabs for my phone again. I hold it out of his reach. The forcefulness of his lean pushes me onto the couch. I push him away and he rolls off me and onto the floor. Before he goes down, he tries to grab onto the couch for leverage. Instead, he grabs my shirt. He pulls me along with him and we are both on the ground.

We start giggling because I'm on top of him, our faces almost touching each other. I give him a soft kiss on the lips. He kisses back, his hand touching the back of my neck. I pull away and ask, "Will you stop trying to look at my phone?"

"Nope, not until you tell me what you were doing." My face starts heating up. I don't want to tell him what I was doing because it was embarrassing. I shook my head in response.
Mark's face turns into a sly smile. "I'm still gonna get that phone of yours either way."

Grinning, I say, "I'd like to see you try."
I roll off of him. I didn't notice how close the table was to me and accidentally knock my head onto it, dropping my phone to the floor.

"Ow, shit." My head began to throb with pain.

"Oh, jeez. Here, take my hand." Mark pulls me up and onto the couch. I lie there, rubbing the back of my head. "I'll go get you some ice." He goes to the kitchen and grabs the ice pack from the fridge. He brings it over and hands it to me. "Thanks," I reply.
He plops himself next to me onto the couch. The phone completely forgotten on the floor.

Mark looks at the TV in silence. I couldn't tell if he was more guilty of me hitting my head or me for being stubborn and not telling him the truth. He picked up the TV remote control and paused the movie. We both tried to speak our mind at the same time.

"I'm sor-"
"I have to-"

Now, I felt even more awkward than when I had fallen on top of him. "You go first," Mark prompted.

"Well...um, I wasn't paying attention to the movie because..."

"Because you thought it was boring and texting someone else was way more productive?"

"Hold on, let me finish." Mark eased up a little and I continued. "Actually part of what you said is true but...I was also reading...fanfiction." After saying that I turned my eyes away, trying not to make eye contact with him. This was the first time admitting to reading a fanfic to him.

"Really? What kind of fanfiction?"

Oh, no. I was afraid he might ask that question.

"Ehheh, it's best if I don't say what kind of fanfic it is." My palms began to feel sweaty. I hated that feeling every time I was nervous.

"That's not fair, (y/n). I read fanfiction too. You're already mentioning it now. Might as well tell me." He fixed his eyes at me, waiting for me to speak.

I guess there wouldn't be harm in telling him right? "Okay, I was reading Markiplier fanfiction. And it's not the cute, romantic kind."

Mark looked wide eye at me and slowly nodded his head. "Is it the sexy, dirty ones?" I gave him a curt nod.

"Ooh, I sseeeee." He then gave me a suggestive smirk, saying, "If you wanted some, you could have said so."

I looked downwards, my face slowly feeling warmer by the second. I nudged him lightly with my elbow. I was happy to finally get this awkwardness over between us. "Maybe next time, baby."

"Aww, you're no fun." Mark picks back up the remote control and unpauses the movie. We continue to watch it until the end, cuddled in each others arms.

---

{A/N: heya readers! Sorry for postin super late this time. Kinda procrastinated and nearly forgot that i had something to do 😬 anyway thanks to everyone who supports this book... I really enjoy writing things like this and i hope u do to. Maybe there might be something more interesting in the future 😏 also comment anything u like in this book! See you in the next one! }