Spoopy Time

Ethan is throwing a Halloween party in a few hours and Mark and I were invited to it. He also told us to wear something nice and spooky as it was a costume party. I was excited to go to the party because I haven't been to one since my college days. Mark wanted to surprise Ethan and bring along his van.

He told me his plan of decorating it or in his words,  'Spoopifying the heck out of it'. We bought some pumpkins and began the ritual of carving faces onto it. I also bought some extra decor like a skull, fake cobwebs, rubber spiders and a chopped off hand (not real).

It took about an hour to get the decorating done because we kept repositioning the props and throwing the fake spiders at each other. Once that was done and wiped the sweat from our faces, I asked Mark, "So, since its a costume party, what are you gonna dress up as?"

Mark tapped his finger against his chin, thinking. "Huh, I guess I was so busy decorating the van that I forgot about the costume part. I've got a few costumes in the back of my closet. I'll just pick one and wear it. What about you, (y/n)?" 

I didn't really have a go-to Halloween outfit in my drawers since I've rarely been to a costume party. "I'll go shop for one at those costume stores. I might have some idea what to wear." 

I went to go shopping for a costume while Mark went back home to look for his costume. While going through the store, I spotted a few weird costumes like a wiener novelty costume, a couples Shrek costume and a sexy Chucky costume. I almost questioned my own existence.

After going to several clothing stores, I found the perfect costume. And it didn't look half as bad as I thought, so I bought it and went back to check on Mark. I knocked on his room door. "Mark? Did you find what you were looking for?"

Pushing the door open, I found the room a mess with clothes all over the floor. Mark then jumped out of the bathroom wearing a Batman costume, with the cowl and cape. He gave me a slight shock at the suddenness of his entrance.

"What do you think, (y/n)?" he said in his deepest voice possible, trying to imitate Christian Bale's voice.

I chuckled at his cheekiness. "You look cute in that."

"Aw, really? I was trying to go for sexy and intimidating," he frowned.

"I mean it does look great on you. But..."

He raised his eyebrows. "But...?"

"I don't know, its just missing something. Oh, I know." I reached into my bag and pulled out fake vampire teeth that I found from the store.

"You could use this. Become Vampire Batman," I said with a smirk. "Come on, (y/n)," he pushed it aside. "You know Batman isn't a vampire. It wouldn't look good with the costume."

"Whatever, if you say so," I shrugged, "Also I found a costume for Chica." I rummaged my bag until I got hold of it and showed it to him. It was a bee costume. "I was lucky enough to find this hiding amongst the costumes. She'd look great in it." At the mention of her name, she came trotting into the room wagging her tail.

"I guess she's just as excited to get dressed as we are," Mark quipped.

"Okay, okay. Give me sometime to get dressed and I'll be down in a minute." I handed him the bee costume to put on Chica while I went to change my clothes.

A few moments later, I went down the stairs wearing a black fitting mermaid-style dress that flowed to my ankles. Mark looked up, his jaw hanging open at the sight of me. "Y-you're... wearing a witch costume. Is it supposed to be a sexy witch outfit?"

"You are saying it like its a bad thing. How do I look?" I spun around, showing off the dress and tipping my witch hat to him. "You look absolutely gorgeous, but now you make me feel under dressed for a freaking Halloween party."

"Aw, that's alright Markimoo. You still look very macho with those built-in abs," I chuckled. "Lets get going."

We waved farewell and left Chica to chew on her bee costume. Once we arrived, there were Halloween decorations on the outside and the inside of the house, but it wasn't overly done with them. There were a few people already chilling with food, beverages and music playing on the speakers.

Ethan came through the kitchen door. He was wearing a cute Pikachu onesie. "Hey, Mark! (Y/n)! You're finally here!" Ethan smiled enthusiastically. Then Tyler came through the door behind Ethan dressed as Snow White. Both of us looked at him in disbelief.

Tyler said with exhausted face, "Yeah, I know. I lost a bet to Ethan and was forced to wear this." We tried to stifle our laughter at this explanation of his costume. Mark was about to give a snarky remark that might insult him but I shook my head.

"It's fine, Tyler. You look amazing in a dress. You could probably even compete with my outfit," I said, trying reassure him. He gave me a soft smile before heading to the table to eat and enjoy the party. Ethan followed behind and continued to welcome in the other guests. The night continued on with more people walking in,  devouring the delicious food, including the beer that Ethan left lying around the house.

Most of the night, other than eating the food, I made Halloween jokes and puns when people dressed as a skeleton or a ghost walked by. Mark laughed at some of my jokes but soon they began to wear thin. "Mark, wanna hear another one?"

"Please not again," he sighed.

"Where do movie stars go for Halloween?" I paused awhile for him to guess.

"Mali-BOO!"

I could tell Mark was face-palming internally at that last one because he was clearly rolling his eyes. "Please for the love of everything spooky, the puns are killing me. You've got to stop."

"Oh yeah? Make me."

He suddenly pulled me close to him. He then whispered into my ear, using his sexy yet intimidating voice, "If you stop now, I'll let you take that costume into my bedroom later." Chills went down my back and my heartbeat got faster. Was he actually suggesting this now? But I didn't want to give up the lame puns.

Finally, I came to a decision. "Fine, you win." I pouted but on the inside I was happy.

Mark smiled and said, "Let's go see if Ethan or Tyler won the Donut Eating Race."

---

{A/N: happy Halloween my fellow peeps! 👻👻  thank you all so much for the reads. I'm glad ppl like what I'm writing...wanted to do a Halloween theme story for awhile hehe I'm slow but still writing some chapters for this book so stay tuned for more! Anyways see u in the next one :) }