Virtual Scare

Mark was busy playing and recording some gameplay for his channel.

"Hello, everybody. My name is Markiplier and welcome to my new VR setup!"

He showed it off to the camera. "It took me quite awhile with this setup because of all the wires and whatnot,  but we are finally done and its amazing. I'm so glad that I get to play VR games once again with you guys." He smiled to the camera.

"Now, we're gonna be playing some horror video games. It's probably not going to end well for me but here we go. I hope you guys are happy." He settled the headset and headphones onto his head, covering his eyes and ears.

"Oh, hello. Okay...this ain't so bad," he said to himself.

I went toward his game room and slowly opened the door, careful to not make any sound. Mark was looking around in the game, taking in every aspect and view of it. I walked behind the setup, looking at the screen of the camera.

"Woah! This is so creepy," he said aloud. The game showed dark hallways with flickering lights and dolls that looked like Annabelle from the movie. It was the typical horror you'd expect from a movie or TV show. He continued talking about the game.

There was a sudden jumpscare in the game with a bird flying at his face.

"Aaahh! Stop it, you f***ing asshole!" he yelled.

I almost snickered a laugh at how ridiculously he looked when scared. As he continued onwards in the game, I slowly tiptoed behind him. I was feeling mischievous today and now would likely be my chance to get at him. I couldn't here the music in the game but I knew the tension was building up. The hairs on his neck were standing on end.

I crept closer towards his back. Mark kept turning his head left and right, shouting out,  "Who's there??! Hello? Anyone want a piece of me? I will fight you!"

As quick as I could, I used both my hands and grabbed him by the shoulders. Mark jumped right out of his skin and yelled, flailing his arms. It was a bit of an exaggeration but you get the picture.

"Aaaahhh, whatthef**k?!" He turned around and lifted his headset.

"Oh geez, (y/n). Why did you do that? You nearly scared me half to death and gave me a heart attack at the same time." He sighed with relief.

"Hehe, sorry...You just look so cute when you're scared," I giggled, scratching the back of my neck.

"It looks like a pretty cheesy game anyway. And besides, it doesn't seem super scary to me," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Hah, you think you can beat me at this horror game?" He took off his headset and headphones and handed it to me.

"Here, try it (y/n). I dare you." Mark gave me a sly smile.

"Okay, then if you say so." I took it and put it over my head. The strap was a little loose but Mark helped to adjust it.

The characters perspective slowly moved to the right. Sounds of crickets filled my ears. I clenched my hands together.

"See this isn't that scary." But I was wrong. Just when I said it a pale face with long hair and red eyes attacked the screen. A loud boom filled my ears. I screamed and threw the headset away from my face. I backed up and was wrapped in Mark's embrace. Holding me close to his chest.

"I told you so." He smirked.

"Idiot. T-that was nothing. I'm not scared." I pushed out of his warm hug, wishing he would hold me tighter.

"Do you still want to continue the game?" he asked. I knew I couldn't show him that I was afraid so I said yes.

"Okay, if you say so." He handed me the headset again and I was in the game once more. After a few more minutes the game was over, but not without giving its final jumpscare that might give me nightmares for days.

"So, do you like the game?" I slowly nodded, tears started forming in my eyes. He pulled me close for a hug, comforting me. "Its okay. Everything's fine now. Its just a game."

"I-I'm not crying. Its just something in my eyes." But I still leaned into his hug, diving into his warmth.

"I know that. But I just love hugging you." He pulled away and wiped the tears from my eyes. I felt bad for being such a crybaby at that moment. But being alone with him was all I needed.

"I gotta go edit and upload my video now. I'll be back later for more cuddles." Mark winked at me.

I smiled and said, "You promise?"

"Promise," he said.

---

{A/N: hello everyone! had pewdiepie/marzia in mind as inspiration on the small prank/scare. If u want to look for the video u can search the title^. I found the video really funny and thought it'd be cute to put it into the story. 😂 anyway hope u all enjoyed.}