Unlocked

OMGOMGOMG! These were the words running through my mind. My thoughts were a rush of panic, the feeling of guilt was eating me up from inside. What have I done? I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have stayed. And yet I did.

I thought back to several minutes earlier, where my whole life had changed. (Not literally just metaphorically)

Mark had come back from his morning jog with Chica. They went to the nearby dog park and were panting as they came through the front door. Chica had rushed to have a drink of water while Mark dragged himself upstairs.

I had already got up from bed and was preparing breakfast in the kitchen. I had cooked up some savoury breakfast muffins (the kind with bacon and cheese) with PB&J waffles if Mark wanted something extra. I tossed some bacon bits to Chica and she munched on it happily.

"Mark!" I yelled. "Do you want extras for breakfast?"

No reply came. I think he couldn't hear me all the way from the kitchen. So I went up the stairs toward his room, holding a plate of muffins that I cooked. I slowly opened the door ajar and looked in.

That's when I had regretted not knocking on the door first. Mark was pulling off his sweat-soaked shirt over his head, revealing his strong, rippling muscles. His smooth skin glistened with sweat. He shook his wet hair to the side of his face. Then he slid his trek pants off and tossed it to the other side of the room. His back faced me and I was basically staring at his butt.

It is a sweet ass, not gonna lie. Wait...what was I thinking? I'm probably considered a pervert right now staring at him like this.

I blushed until my face felt hot. I quickly turned to leave, but accidentally bumped into the desk that I didn't notice was there. Crap! I am so dead.

"(Y/N), is that you out there?" he asked. Panic surged through me and I blurted out, "I wasn't staring at your butt or anything like that."

Great, (y/n). Way to be smooth now. Mark's probably gonna tease me about that for the rest of my life.

After mentally face-palming myself, I ran back down the steps. I settled the plate down on the dining table and locked myself in the bathroom. I turned my back to the door and slid to the floor. This was where I remained for several minutes, freaking out about what I had seen. Why did I do that? I wish I had a delete button for unwanted memories. 

I felt the knock on the door before I heard it. "(y/n), why are you hiding in the bathroom?" Mark asked.

"I'm sorry for walking in on you. Just...leave me alone, let me be embarrassed in peace," I said, feeling miserable.

"I'm not going to leave you alone like this. It's not even that big a deal. Plus, you haven't seen me naked yet." I could mentally picture him grinning behind the door. And then my thoughts wandered to that unholy place.

No, no, no. Stop it.

I stood up and opened the door to Mark leaning against the door frame. "Okay, okay. But please don't mention it again. I'm already dead enough inside as it is."

"You know I can't help myself from doing that. And besides, I like seeing you blush until your face is as red as a cherry."

I clenched my fist and almost blushed again. The urge to punch him in his pretty face was unbearable. "Just shut up and eat the muffin."

"Whatever you say, ma'am." He picked up the muffin and took a bite. I turned away and smiled to myself.

---

{A/N: huehuehue hope u guys enjoyed this part 😏 *tries not to nosebleed* pls don't kill me for this}