03 | NEW SCHOOL

03 | NEW SCHOOL

I WOULD BE LYING if I said I wasn't nervous for my first day at a new school

I WOULD BE LYING if I said I wasn't nervous for my first day at a new school. Sure, it was comforting that I had Diana with me to guide me along the way, but I couldn't help but wonder, what will it be like? My old school was nothing special, and I didn't have many close friends there. But here, it seems that everyone has their friend groups. So, I guess I'll just have to wait and see where I stand.

"Samantha! Let me see!" Diana called from outside of my room.

Diana had given me a few dresses because mine were out of style. The dress I had on now was a light violet color, with beautiful lace and puffed sleeves that looked absolutely gorgeous. I took one more quick glance at myself before I walked out of my room to meet Diana.

"You look amazing, Samantha!" Diana said, her mouth hanging open.

"Thank you," I said, smiling and grabbing my school book bag. "Shall we go?"

"Wait!" Diana said, jumping up. "One more thing."

I watched as Diana scurried back into her room and pulled out a long, silk, ribbon to put into my hair.

"Mind if I..?" Diana asked, holding up the ribbon.

"No, not at all." I said and smiled, turning around.

Diana tied the bow into my hair and turned me around, "Perfect."

There's that word again, perfect. How could something be perfect? I've always imagined how my perfect life would be, but my life is far from it.

"Let's go," She said and smiled. "We don't want to be late!"

It took about fifteen minutes to walk from the Barry house to the school. Once we arrived, I examined the small schoolhouse, and noticed that it looked about the same as my old school, only this one had more children. I watched as Diana immediately ran up to her friends that were standing inside, leaving me standing outside awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes and took a step forward, but was stopped by two hands pulling me aside by my waist.

"Woah," A tall boy said, smirking down at me. "I've never seen you here before. I'm Billy Andrews, what's your name?"

"S-Samantha Darling." I stuttered, looking up at him with slight fear in my eyes.

I knew this boy's intentions. I had problems with boys back in my old town, and it was not something I wanted to think about.

"Well, you are very pretty, Samantha Darling. Why don't I take you into that empty classroom so I can get to know you better?" Billy smirked.