15 | YOU FOUND ME

15 | YOU FOUND ME

IT HAD BEEN ONLY a few hours since the funeral, and I couldn't get this damn boy out of my head

IT HAD BEEN ONLY a few hours since the funeral, and I couldn't get this damn boy out of my head. The way he looked when he saw his father's casket, the way the light disappeared from his eyes, it just makes me want to find him and comfort him. I needed him. And right now, I think he needed me too.

I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to find him. I just needed to be in his arms—then everything would be alright. For years, I have been searching for a place to call home. A place where I felt safe, cared for, and protected.

As years passed, I slowly started to give up. But the thing was, I was looking for the wrong thing. I had never realized until now that my home wasn't a place, but a person. A person that cared about me as much as I cared about them. A person that had trust in me, and would help me no matter what. A person that I loved. And that person was Gilbert Blythe.

My heart started to race as I came to realization. I had made a terrible mistake. I had left him alone when he needed someone most. I need to find him. I can't leave him alone right now.

"I have to find him," I said suddenly, causing Diana to slightly jump in her seat as she was knitting herself a new scarf. "I have to go find him."

"What are you talking about?" Dianna questioned, stopping herself as she looked over at me.

"I have to go find Gilbert," I said, standing up. "He can't be left alone right now."

"What are you going to say?" Diana asked.

"I'm going to tell him that I—that I love him." I said, shocked by my own words.

"Oh my gosh," Diana said, her eyes widening in shock.

At first, I thought she was going to yell at me. Tell me that I can't do that because he was to hurt or because he was Ruby's boy. But she didn't,

"It's about time!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands and getting out her chair, giving me a hug.

"You mean, you're okay that I do this?" I asked, still in shock.

"Of course! I've wanted you two to be together since you first met. I saw the way he looked at you when you first talked—it was love at first sight!" She beamed, clapping her hands together.

This was the first conversation Diana and I have had in a while, and it was nice seeing her happy again.

"Thank you for always having my back, Diana." I said. I smiled widely and wrapped my arms around her once more.