27 | PROMISE

27 | PROMISE
song recommendation for this chapter:
someone to stay by vancouver sleep clinic

⎾27 | PROMISE⏌song recommendation for this chapter: someone to stay by vancouver sleep clinic

WORDS COULD NOT DESCRIBE how it felt to be standing in front of him again. Just by looking into those soft brown eyes, I could tell that everything was going to be okay.

"Gilbert?" I breathed, my eyes watering as I ran up and hugged him with so much passion that I had forgotten we had ever been apart.

Vanilla. He still smelt like vanilla.

"I've missed you," said Gilbert, wrapping his hands around my torso.

"I've missed you too," I breathed, taking everything in. He was absolutely beautiful. Like a work of art.

Leaves shuffled once again, causing the two of us to part, Gilbert placing a protective arm around me—as if I would slip away once again. It made me smile.

"Gilbert?" Diana said, shocked at the sight of him. "You're back! Oh this is wonderful!"

"Diana..." I said, crossing my arms and smirking. "Were you following me?"

"What? No, of course not." Diana lied, frantically shaking her head.

I raised my eyebrow, causing her to sigh, "Okay, yes, we were. But it was only because we were worried about you. We wouldn't want you to do anything foolish."

Gilbert smiled softly, looking down at me then back up at Diana and Jerry, who were standing side by side—their hands intertwined.

Once they saw our gazes, they quickly let go and awkwardly crossed their arms. Turns out there may be another relationship going on in Avonlea.

"So," Gilbert said, breaking the silence. "Should we catch up? It's been a while since I've been back here. Back home."

I smiled up at Gilbert and leaned into him, appreciating every moment we shared together, "Let's go, Ive got loads to tell you."

"And then I came back here, and saw you." I finished, my eyes gleaming with joy.

"Wow," said Gilbert, smiling. "You have had quite the journey, Samantha."

It felt amazing to hear him say my name again.

After talking for what seemed like hours, I seemed to get extremely tired—as was everyone else. I noticed that Diana was giving me glances, and I pulled out that she wanted me to ask where he was sleeping tonight.