19 | TAKING RISKS

19 | TAKING RISKS

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY that life in London was everything I imagined it would be since I was only a little girl

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY that life in London was everything I imagined it would be since I was only a little girl. Living here was a dream come true, almost like a princess who finally found her way home. A princess...without a prince. The sad thing was, I was slowly starting to forget Gilbert Blythe and the way he made me feel. As the year dragged on, I slowly stopped worrying about the past and lived in the now.

Although, being rich was harder than I thought it was going to be. There is never a day that goes by when we don't have company over. Over time, I got very tired of saying "how do you do," and "it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance,". It only took me a few months to naturally greet people respectfully.

The only thing keeping me sane in this large house were my three best friends—Thomas, Charlie, and Andrew. Or so my parents like to call "the orphan boys". At first, I was very nervous around them, and they seemed to be so as well. But, over time, I grew close to the boys and they became like my brothers. Well, except for one of them.

First, there was Andrew—the person that would always make you laugh. Andrew was one of the first boys I had an encounter with, for he accidentally knocked over and shattered one of mother's vases in the dining hall. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically while he was scorned upon by my parents. I helped him clean up the mess, and there on out we were best pals.

Second, there was Charlie—the sweetest boy you would ever come across in your lifetime. I met him while I was in the library trying to reach a book that was ultimately way to high for me. Once I reached it, I accidentally knocked multiple other books down along with it. As I bent down trying to pick them up, I noticed a figure standing beside me, helping me pick them up. He was so kind, and I wondered where he got it from. Growing up on the streets was rough, and I couldn't never imagine him living that way. Shortly after our encounter, we began to talk way more and soon become best friends.

Lastly, there was Thomas—the mysterious boy with a pretty face. Thomas was different than the other boys. I never knew where Thomas came from, all I knew was that he was an orphan who grew up on the streets, like the other boys. I couldn't explain him as well as I could the other boys. He made me feel something—something different. When I am with him, I feel reckless. When I first met him, it was completely by accident. I hadn't been informed that our maid was waxing the floors that day, so as I walked down the hallway, I slipped and managed to fly backwards. I prepared my body for an impact that never came, which completely took me aback. I was then suddenly in someone's arms. Then, I looked up to see Thomas, who was flashing a grin down on me and I blushed and laughed. That was a moment I would never forget.

"What are you daydreaming about, Samantha?" A voice asked, causing me to snap out of my thoughts

"Sorry," I said, laughing and shaking my head at Charlie. "I wasn't daydreaming. Just thinking."