Victim- p3

Our POV

I hear steps into the room. This is it! Mark came to save me! Dr.Devil walks in and smiles at me evilly. Then lightens his smile as he turns into the hallway. Into the room walks Mark. But... not as a hero. Slow, unsteady, unsure, hesitant.
"Hey..." he says softly to me.
Ohhhhhhhh... Devil told him all about me; about my past. Oh dear.
I smile at him, as normal-seeming as possible.
"Heya... can we get out of here?"
He drops his smile and looks at me. He sits in the chair across from me and stares into my eyes.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He said slowly.
I look down to avert his gaze. "I didn't want to upset you. I knew you'd just take me back here... I'm sorry."
He sighs. "Well, after hearing what I've heard, I think you do need to stay."
I start shaking slightly. I look up at him, panicked, frantic.

S c a r e d.

"M-mark... don't do this. Don't leave me here with him. He's the reason! He's the reason I was so broken when you met me in the first place! He hurt me! You fixed me!" I shut my eyes so as not to cry. "Please..."

"This is for the best." I hear Mark whisper. He gets up and starts to walk towards the door.

I shoot up, my hands still tied to the table. "WAIT!" He hesitates, but continues. My life is ruined. God, I'm worthless at this, too.

No... I can't give up. I can fix this still.
"Remember when you talked to me first, and I was just crying and sobbing?" He stops. He turns his head around. "And I told you I was worthless, and you comforted me. Told me I was perfectly worthwhile." I smile at him. He slinks back.
"This will help you." He says.
I continue. "Remember when I ran out of your apartment? Man, I was freaking out. The kind of thing you'd think two years of therapy would fix." He thinks for a second. "And then I hurt myself. Because I couldn't not. The sort of things therapy is built to fix." I smile to myself, a real smile, a fun smile.
"Remember I kept things from you, because I was so worried you'd take me back here. Yea. Remember I fell limp to you? I expected you to hit me, or to electric shock me or something. Because that's what I was used to, for my whole life nobody hadn't done that." He gives Devil a look.
"Nobody?" He glares. Devil looks panicked.
"Eheh.. that'll be all. Let's go, mr... Mark did you say?"
I continue pushing on. "I wonder how you knew he took me. I bet you looked out the window. Did you see the part where he slapped me?" Mark turns to Devil. If looks could kill, he'd explode.
"Now that I think about it, I did."
Devil regains composure and presses.
"Surely you're smart enough not to fall for this."
I join him, "Yea, you believe me. You've got to. I know you do. You know how? I love you, Mark. I believe in you, and I know you love me too. I think you know who's lying and who isn't here."
His glare intensifies. Devil makes one last ditch attempt to grab Mark and tie him down too, but Mark gets the better of him and pins him to the wall. He punches him. Twice. Four times.
...I lost count. But Devil passed out and collapsed on the floor. He runs over to me and unties my hands.
"I'm sorry I'm so sorry I didn't believe you I know you're right I love you so much I'll never leave you," he continues after that. That is, until I kiss him.
Our lips connect and it's beautiful. There isn't a better feeling in this whole world than this. We break off just as we hear another car pull up.
"Jack and Felix!" Mark exclaims, and drags me outside. We're just in time to see the truck towing his car pull away.
Jack and Felix get out of their car and run up to us.
"Y/N! You okay?!" They say nearly simultaneously. I laugh and shake my head. But that's okay.

Everything will be fine now.