chapter 1

Marinette's pov

Today was the day! I got to come out of hiding and get introduced as the Princess of Alabor. Today  I turned 14. Old enough to rule. So in order to rule over this world of mostly peace, I must get to know it's people. As they must know me.

"Miss Marinette," my trusted butler, Nathaniel, entered my chamber. "Its time to get you ready."

I nodded and ran at him. I jumped on him and gave him the tightest hug. "I'm so happy" I said in his hair. To my surprise he hugged back.

"I'm super excited for you." He giggled as he picked me up and spun me.

"Okay, okay put me down. We have a date to get ready for. "

"Yes, of course. Today's a big day. Your dress is laying in your closet. " he told me before curtly turning to give me some privacy. "What are you most excited about?"

"Gosh, everything." I said.

"Pick just one." He said.

"I guess picking my guard," I said thinking of the dozens of dreamy people ready to throw their lives at me. Kinda weird too if I really think about it...

He made a sound of acknowledgement before leaving us to the silence. I awkwardly starred at myself in the mirror. I looked odd in a big fancy gown such as this. Nathan came in and grasped my shoulders lightly. "Don't worry, you are beautiful. Every one will love you."

I was shocked to my core. Hearing these words from him made my insides melt a little.  "Thanks, I really needed that." (Guys I really do need it. I'm going through a bad break up and I'm feeling really shitty.)

There was a bell at my door signaling me it was time. Nathaniel and I nodded and started walking towards the balcony. I stood before the double glass doors and waited for my parents speech to end.

"…we are proud to introduce to you, the future queen of Alabor." I heard them say in unison.

The double doors flew open and I took elegant little steps. I looked up and waved at the crowd of people. They were all cheering roudy as ever.

"People of Alabor, I am Marinette. I promise to protect and serve this magical realm the best I can. I-" I didn't get to finish because someone shot an arrow at me. Luckily I was an advanced swords women so my blade deflected it before it could reach me. The guards had already been searching the crowd. I had a keen sense of sight so I too looked for the huntsman, but came up short. I turned towards Nathaniel who looked as if he saw a ghost. "They're gone."

With those 2 words  I left the balcony.

It was about an hour after my parents summoned me.  Nathaniel rushed to me to escort me there. I was worried about what was the matter. My parents never call on me since they are too busy with ruling an entire realm.

So I walked with urgency. Thank the gods I didn't have to wear the dress all the time. Other wise life may be much more difficult.

Finally after a while of walking through the large castle, I reached the throne room. I entered with out knocking, per usual, and bowed before them.

"Daughter. We have some terrible news." Mother said.

"Since the threat made earlier was to take your life, we must send you away. To Paris. "

Hey I'm back with a new book for y'all! It's going to be short I think. No I don't ship Nathaniel and Mari so don't freak out.

Xoxo Loralei