chapter 2

Marinette's pov

"Daughter. We have some terrible news." Mother said.

"Since the threat made earlier was to take your life, we must send you away. To Paris."

"What?" I couldn't even process it. My parents were sending me away.

"I know it'll be hard to adjust but you'll have Nathaniel there to help. He will have access to come back here to get anything you need. Honey it's for your own good."

"As you command," I bowed and left. I sped down the halls not hearing the yelling of my name.

I ran into my room and almost slammed the door in Nathaniel's face but he still managed to come in. I turned around about to scream to leave me alone when he hugged me tightly. "It'll be okay. I'm here for you." My eyes widened in shock at his words. Does he love me?

"Nathaniel, do you like me?" I asked as we stood in each other's embrace.

"Of course I do." He said, "who wouldn't?l"

"Nath, I meant-"

" I know what you meant. But I know you don't feel the same way for me. It's okay, seeing you happy is enough for me."

His words took me at such a shock, I can't describe. It made my heart throb a bit. "Nath I love you, I do. But in different way. I love you as a brother."

He nodded before taking in a big breath. "We have to get you ready. You leave begins immediately. "

I laugh before packing a small suitcase. He can come back here to get my things if I need more things. 

"Let's get out of here" I say. I grab his arm and teleported out of my loved home. Where I landed really surprised me.

A small bakery Sat in front of me cloaked in the darkness of the night.

This should take a while of adjusting.