chapter 3

Adriens pov

I was on my way to the princesses reveal ceremony. 

Of course I wasn't there for the same reasons the rest of the kingdom was. I was there to hit my mark, miss Marinette, princess of Alabor. I was a bounty hunter. I didn't care who it was I killed and I almost always close my contract.

But this time I couldn't fulfill my contract. The moment I saw her I didn't want to kill her. She was much too beautiful and I could read her. She was kind and cared about people at face value and even deeper.

But still. With my hesitation, wrong word. With my refusal to kill her, an arrow cracked into the wood of the lavish woodwork next to her. And another headed right towards her face. Seconds before it hit her, her blade cut it in half. With perfect precision. That only made me admire her more.

She was completely unaffected by this attack. Though her butler seemed frantic. He put a hand on her shoulder which shot a wave of jealousy came upon me. Now that was strange, I thought to myself. I've never gotten jealous.

After the fiasco, I made my way to the throne room. I was called into order. The room was smaller than I thought it would be. The shelves were covered in books. All looked worn as if they were read often. The center of the room hosted a pianoforte. The keys were worn too, as if from constant practice. Then nozzled into the corner was a comfortable looking loft. Both his and her majesty occupied the space.

I bowed immediately. "Your majesties."

"You saw the events earlier." She spoke first. "As you know her safety is imperative. She will be living in the sapiens realm. The humans. "

"And what of this news to me?" I shot them a very quizzical look.

"You being offered a job." Said the king.

"Of what kind?" I had too many questions.

"To protect her princess." He replied as if it were simple.

"I will do it under the conditions to keep her safe with whatever methods I see fit and I can use magic as my aid. "

"Conditions granted. I'll have a contract drawn." Said the queen.

"No need, I already have." I produced a contract out of no where.

After reading it over and answering all their questions, they signed it.  Looks like I'll be able to get close to her indeed. I aware my life that I will keep her safe.

Hey everyone! It's your crazy story writer here. This book is exciting for me yet i don't know why. Also I notice that all my books involve magic. Oh well. I hope you are enjoying this book as much as I enjoy writing it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, add and read.

Xoxo Loralei