Chapter 11

Marinette's pov

Once everyone came in they looked around surprised at the ample space. I stood in the center of the carriage.

"Welcome to the haunted ride. If you pay attention closely then you'll be more than pleased. Our destination is my old house. Your in for quite the treat, and maybe a trick or two."

The horse pulled forwards and everyone started chatting. I stood towards a window to stare out of it. The scenery is truly beautiful. Trees plenty of colors, flowers reaching for their last chance at blooming, birds flying south seeking refuge for the winter.

"It's nice isn't it?" I hear a voice come up behind me. I turned to see the owner of such a shaking voice.

"Adrien..." I was quite confused. Only the people who have been here often see the beauty. Everyone else just sees dying foliage and creepy birds.

He must have noticed his mistake because he scratched the back of his neck and lazily smiled at me. Gosh that's hot, I thought. Maybe I would give this one thought after I know of his origins.

"So do you come here often?" I asked curiously.

"Ah yes. I commute for work. My family lives back in the human realm. I was born there in case that's what you meant. "

"Ah yes," I nodded comprehensively. There was a weird feeling in the air. Everything seems electric. Like a storm was brewing.

I got goosebumps up and down my arms as the temperature changes. He must have felt it too because he rubbed his arm almost nervously.

"So.. Um... Can you be my date this evening" his eyes lit up in hope. There was no mistaking his interest but I wonder is it place in me or in my title.

"I suppose so," I said at last. I need to be carful. One wrong move could deliver me straight into the hands of the enemy.

Hey y'all! Ik I haven't been very active but I'm trying to please the world. In still thinking about all of you and will continue to update as much as I can.