chapter 4

Marinette's pov

School started the day after I arrived. Lucky me. Nathaniel and I had no idea of what to expect. He told me from his experience here not expect everyone to be truthful. And everything isn't as it would seem.

I felt strange here. As if the atmosphere affected my powers. Made them stronger. 

Dismissing that feeling I got dressed for the day. I put on a forest green dress that touched the floor. It was on if my favourites back home. It hugged my body tightly down to my upper thigh before slowly fanning out. My hair turned up into a braided bun which I put emerald studs in.

Before I left, I looked in the mirror. Pretty good. I ran out my room to the front door. Nath was waiting at the counter. When he saw me his eye's sparkled. "Looking beautiful as ever."  He said without hesitation. Then off to school we went.

~@ lunch break @~

"Nathaniel. This place is really nice. "  I said as we entered the courtyard. Everyone was being really nice  and the teachers didn't push me. There were still some people for me to meet.

Nathaniel wanted to sit next to some friends he met, their names were Rose and Julika. (Is that even how you spell it?)
He was cute to think about asking me. I told him he didn't have to care for me as much here. That he could be his own person.

I went to sit at the only completely empty table. Since I didn't know anyone really. I opened up my Sketchbook and I was so involved in drawing that I didn't notice the blonde sitting in front of me.

"Hey, I'm -" I went to introduce myself to the girl in front of me. Her hand cut me off.

"Please tell me, what ARE you wearing?" She asked.

"Oh, you like it? It's Gabriel Agreste's new colab with Vera Wang. You don't want to know how much this costs " I laughed.

"Probable that you got it at the flea market. Peasant, " she said. Her friend Sabrina laughed at her joke.

Anger boiled up inside of me, though not wishing to blow my cover I stayed quiet.

"Chloe, leave her alone. " a voice said behind me. When I turned I was in absolute awe. His eyes were as pure as the emeralds in my hair. His golden locks simmered in the sun. I couldn't help but feel like I seen him somewhere back home.

"Why are you defending the peasant, Adrien?" I looked back to her then him for his response.

"Chloe, she is far from a peasant. " with that my heart dropped. Could he have known I'm the princess?

She was closer to me than he was so she grabbed my dress and ripped it. I looked at the gapping hole and,began to tear up. This was my grandmother's dress. Yeah it was new for Agreste's collection but where do you suppose he got the idea?

Tears fell as everything stilled. I had the power to manipulate time as well as others. Only people from my dimension could bypass the system. I sat down and though for a minute.

I took out one of my hair gems which were engraved with my name. I placed it gently in her hand. It disappeared as soon as it made contact. Time resumed. I cried hard when I felt something hard next to me. They had their arms wrapped tightly around me.

"Don't listen to her, yeah?" I nodded. I didn't want to leave his embrace but I had to leave. For the rest of the day.

I gave this mysterious Adrien a gem but this time it stayed.
"You can always find me with this." Most of my hair fell as I took it out. 

Nathaniel and I left the school. Leaving this day in the distant past.

Hey y'all! This I think is going to be a very short book. I have so many I want to do that I can't do every book at thirty chapters lol just the ones that will be a series. This will be a single fanfic. I love all of you clawsome miraculers. Don't forget to vote, follow, add, share and most importantly comment! Lmk what you want in the comments and conversation part on my page .

Xoxo Loralei