Chapter 12

Adrien's pov

She stood in the window haloed by moonlight. The light touched her face gently and made her skin a ghostly shade. Her hair looked crystalline and her features angelic.

I slowly walked over to her. Maybe I could charm her. "It's nice isn't it?" I asked from behind her.

Marinettes head snapped in my direction surprised. Her eyes were filled with unforeseen shock. "Adrien..." She spoke softly.

My stomach twirled when she smiled slightly before turning back around.

I glanced over to my lady. She had a perplexed look. I noticed that I talked about the scenery, which only people who frequent this world can see. I rubbed the back of my neck, completely embarrassed by my mistake. A light pink crawled onto both mine and her face.

Trying her attempt on small talk she gave me the huskiest voice she could manage, "do you come here often?"

Ah she wants to know of my origins. It's possible she'd like to unite the kingdoms. Though from where I come from it doesn't really work that way, it's multiple rulers.

"Ah yes. I commute for work. My family lives back in the human realm. I was born there in case that's what you meant" I could tell I thought correctly because resignation flickered behind her eyes.

"Ah yes," she said before glancing away nervously. Gosh she's beautiful.

I wanted to reach out to her and hold her never to let go. I wanted to make her every wish come true. "Will you... Um... Be my date tonight?" I asked. Hope filled into my features but silent fear dove into my heart. I felt as the swimmer hit off my stomach and ascended again.

"I suppose," she tried to stay calm but barricaded in her face was unmistakable joy laced with caution. I understood.  I could be the enemy. I don't at all blame her for this, even angels have dark sides.

Hey peeps welcome to a complicated web of my story plots. It's forever changing. But I figured that this will be completed soon enough and the third and FINAL book in"why me" will soon be released.

Kisses
Xoxo loralei