Chapter 20 (last chapter)

No ones pov

After all the enemy was locked up safe they felt like they needed to resume the party. I of course allowed this because even though I was locked up most of my life, I still enjoyed a party.

During the dancing I once again retreated to my balcony. I wondered,   How was this so easy? Maybe they weren't prepared enough or... maybe it was a distraction. I could only hope to assume the reality because I knew they'd never freely admit to why they did this.

I don't particularly know why I wasn't scared during the whole occurrence. I guess it was all the past queens raging through my blood. Our family always took part in the monarchy. Each had a daughter who married out to (in older times whose family had most wealth) those of which they loved. I hadn't known Adrien long but I could tell there was a bond there. What kind of bond I am not really sure. My young mind couldn't wrap itself around so many questions that are left in my life.

I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder spreading spirals of fire through my body. I winched but only slightly, not noticeably, and didn't look because I know who was there. "Adrien," I said softly.

"Don't worry Princess, if something were to arrive, it'd get taken care of. Together." He said a gave a long glance off to the side. "You know I was hired to kill you. But then I saw you and fell in love with you. Not because of your status or wealth. But for your confidence and passion and wit. And though for the king you could choose anyone, I truly hope it'd be me. "

I couldn't say anything which he took as a rejection and lifted his chin to keep tears from falling. The sight of this broke me heart. I kissed his eyes and whispered that it's ok. And I have him a huge hug. We stood there. Just stood there. No words. No moving. Just us standing hugging in the worlds oblivion as the sun set over the furthest horizon.