don't want it back > rilaya

riley

you are the voice inside
my mind

"Peaches," I groaned, trying to get her attention, while we ate at Topanga's.

She sighed and put her muffin down on the coffee table and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry," I began. "I never meant what I said." She just rolled her eyes.

Of course she didn't believe me, I mean, who would? I have lied to her for pretty much all of our relationship.

"Maya, please. Just one word: that's all I ask." She sighed.

She let out a breathe, set her strawberry smoothie on the coffee table, looked at me, and smiled. I grew confused, why would she be smiling if she's supposed to be mad at me?

something so real is
hard to find

She had some sort of, calm look in her eyes. Her expression — completely motionless. She was pale, and her ocean blue eyes had tears forming. She looked just... vulnerable. It hurt me.

"Peaches..." I began, but she shook her head. She didn't even have to say anything, because I knew she wouldn't —no matter how much I begged— she will never forgive me. What I did hurt her too much, and I know I can't take back what was said.

"Riley, what you said; it hurt. You know why?" She seemed to be searching my face for some type of reason — an answer. But she couldn't find one— that I didn't have. She bit her lip and looked up at me, trying to hold back her tears. Oh, how I just wanted to hold her and wipe those tears away— tell her she was going to be fine— but I can't. She would run away, and that's the last thing I want. For the love of my life to run. From me.

"It hurt because you made me feel like I was —am a nothing —and there's nothing worse than being told you're a nothing. Especially by the girl you love." I felt my eyes begin to form tears. Of course I was crying. She was, too.

When everything is under attack
You got my heart, I don't want it back

"Maya, you know I never meant it. I was joking!" I yelled back.

She rolled her eyes and turned away from me.

"Babe, listen to me!" I yelled once more.

"Maya Penelope Hart!" I yelled, making everyone in the coffee shop turn to look at us. Maya glared at me, as some kids from school giggled and stared at us.

"I love you with all my heart. I'm sorry for hurting you; I never meant it! You are the most wonderful human being alive. You mean the world to me and I would never want you to feel like you are anything less. I'm sorry— extremely sorry— that I made you feel the way you feel. That was never my intention. Since the day I met you: I knew you'd be in my life forever. Please forgive me." I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I thought I heard Maya sniffle. Meaning she had started to cry.

She looked at me; her eyes glistening. The corners of her lips curved into a big smile and she hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck.

We pulled apart after a few minutes and she smiled up at me.

"I forgive you, Riley." I smiled as the words left her mouth. "You got my heart... and I don't want it back." I hugged her again. Tighter.

"I love you, Peaches."

"And I love you, Honey."