Chapter 1

Checking into the hotel that her new team would be staying at, Meghan Klingenberg had no idea what to expect.

She had been called up to this team just two weeks before, but hadn't been told a thing about who her teammates were. Not that she worried, as she made friends quite easily.

Bags in her hands, she struggled to open her hotel room door, and fell forward as it swung open.

"Well that was quite an entrance," a voice suddenly spoke.

"Huh?" Meghan replied, as she quickly tried to stand up.

"Oh, right. I should probably introduce myself. I'm Tobin Heath," the brunette said, as she stuck her hand out.

"Oh, I guess she wants me to shake her hand," Meghan thought, as she outstretched her hand to shake it, despite all of the bags clanging against her thighs.

"Here, lemme help you," Tobin said, as she grabbed the a few bags out of Meghan's hands.

"She's actually kinda cute," Meghan thought to herself, as she stepped inside the room.

"So...I never caught your name," Tobin said, side glancing at Meghan.

"Oh! Right, sorry. The name's Meghan. Meghan Klingenberg," Meghan said.

"That's a pretty name," Tobin replied.

"Thanks," wait, was Meghan blushing?

"Well, I hope you don't mind, but I already put my things and on that bed, so would you be able to have this one?" Tobin asked hopefully.

"I don't mind at all," Meghan replied, as she dropped her things onto her temporary bed.

"Good," Tobin smiled.

Meghan must have had a shocked look on her face, because Tobin immediately asked:

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah!" Meghan snapped out of her trance, "everything is good...great, actually,"

"Stop talking like a dork, Meghan," Meghan thought to herself. The truth was, Meghan had been staring at Tobin's smile, which was gorgeous.

Tobin laughed, "well that's good to know,"

"Yeah...hey, do you know any of the other players that will be on the All-Stars?" Meghan asked.

"Yeah! Carli Lloyd, Christine Sinclair, Shelina Zadorsky...including one of my best friends, Janine Beckie,"

Meghan's face fell. There was something that she needed to ask.

"Sorry if this is weird...but...uh, are you...with somebody?" Meghan stammered.

"Nah, don't worry about it. And no, I'm not," Tobin replied, as she stood up, off of her bed.

"Oh, cool," Meghan tried to sound calm, but she was freaking out on the inside.

"Well," Tobin cleared her throat, "I'm going down to meet up with a few of the girls...wanna come?"

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll just stay here and unpack," Meghan replied.

"Alright...well, see you!" Tobin called, as she headed out the door.

As Meghan unpacked her bags, a smile on her face, she intended to learn more about Tobin, one way, or another.