Chapter 14

It was 5:30, and the All-Stars were warming up for their first friendly match against the SS Sparks.

"Alright...you all know the starting lineup, correct?" Jill asked, while pacing back and fourth across the field, as the team did high knees in and out of cones.

"Yep, Kelley, Kadeisha, Meghan, Shelina..." Stephanie went on, as she counted her fingers on her gloves.

Christine grimaced.

"I haven't seen Kadeisha in a while..." She said nervously.

Marta scratched her head.

"Me neither," she added.

But the look on Rachel's face said otherwise. Rachel gave Janine a look.

"Are you going to tell everyone?!" Her face read.

Janine shook her head, and Rachel scowled. It was the perfect time, Janine! What was she doing?

"Kadeisha...Kadeisha...when was the last time you guys saw her?" Jill muttered to herself, her arms crossed.

"Two days ago," Carli answered.

Choruses of "same," and "me too," were heard among the team, yet nobody truly knew where she was.

Except for Rachel and Janine.

But Janine had something different in mind.

Jill sighed. "Just put Tobin in..."

Tobin grinned and hopped up, beginning to do tuck-jumps on the spot.

"Yes! Tobs, you get to play!" Meghan said happily, rushing over to Tobin. They hugged for a moment, and Janine's insides tightened.

"Just let it go, Janine...it's not a big deal," she told herself.

But deep down inside, she knew it was a big deal. And if you've ever lost a friend before, you know what it's like.

***

"Everyone on the field! Let's go!" Jill yelled.

The team trotted onto the field, and Stephanie and Shelina went together.

"You ready?" Shelina asked between breaths.

"Ready as I'll ever be...I guess," Stephanie replied with a smile.

The crowd began to cheer, and the ref looked towards Stephanie to see if she was ready. Stephanie gave her the signal, waving a gloved hand in the air.

"Well...good luck," Stephanie said, before turning around and jogging to her goal.

"Wait! Steph!" Shelina called. Stephanie turned her head:

Shelina ran up and gave her a kiss on the lips.

Stephanie gasped.

"Sh-Shelina...?"

"Good luck, Steph," Shelina smirked, as she got into place.

"B-but..." Stephanie began.

But she didn't have time to finish, because the ref blew the whistle, and the game was on.
___________________________
How many more chapters should I make to this book? And should I make a sequel or no?