Chapter 10

Stephanie Labbè ran back to her room as fast as she could.

She couldn't believe how close she had come to telling Shelina how she felt about her...though she quickly bit her tongue, and made up a lie, just to get away from Shelina, and her perfectness.

Even though in her heart, that was the last thing she wanted.

"Finally someone that I actually enjoy hanging out with," Stephanie muttered, as she sat down in her bed.

"Who, me?" Janine suddenly popped her head into the doorway, "come on, you're totally talking about me,"

"No, not you," Stephanie laughed.

Janine's eyes widened, "but who doesn't like hanging out with me?" She joked.

Stephanie laughed.

Janine walked on into the room, and flopped down beside Stephanie.

"Steph, can I talk to you for a minute?" Janine said, her usual jokey smile disappearing.

"Uh...sure,"

Janine straightened up.

"Have you noticed anything...weird going on here?"

"Yeah...the bathrooms are disgusting," Stephanie replied.

"No stupid, I mean anything out of the ordinary," Janine rolled her eyes.

"That smell in the bathroom seems pretty unordinary to me," Stephanie grinned.

Janine sighed, "Steph, I'm serious. Something weird is going on here...and I can assure you...it has nothing to do with the bathroom smell,"

"What weird thing could possibly be happening here? You're weird, but that doesn't mean something and is gonna happen!" Stephanie exclaimed.

"Look...just watch out, okay?" Janine said, standing up and heading towards the door, "we're in a strange hotel in the middle of nowhere...not to mention some of our...er...interesting teammates,"

"I'm glad that you've finally figured out that you're weird," Stephanie said smugly.

"Ugghhh," Janine groaned as she closed the door behind her.

***

Coach Jill Ellis walked towards the front lobby, a very important paper in her hands.

It was the starting lineup.

She smoothed the wrinkles out of the paper, before taping it up on the wall in the meeting room.

She wasn't sure how the team would respond to it, but she did what had to be done.

The starting lineup was...
___________________________
Mwahah suspense! Sorry for the short chapter!

Also guys this isn't really a jig deal for you...but my Talex fanfic on my old account has 2k reads!😂😂 I'm happy though.